Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- replaced the meep meep horn with the CHH upgrade- much better!!! But now I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be even better if I added 1 of the meep horns back in to the upgraded lower tone horns, to keep the high note in contrast to the lower tones?!! Has anyone tried something like this? How would this be done- I read something about a relay, but not sure how that works . Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Put a jumper wire from existing horn to new high tone horn. Ground the high tone horn. Light off the horn and see if you blow a fuse. Kinda doubt you will. If you do, remove the high tone, replace blown fuse. Test complete.

·
Avid "Accord-ist"
2020 Accord EX-L 2.0T
40 Posts
... replaced the meep meep horn with the CHH upgrade- much better!!! But now I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be even better if I added 1 of the meep horns back in to the upgraded lower tone horns, to keep the high note in contrast to the lower tones?!! ...
How often do you use your horn?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey all- replaced the meep meep horn with the CHH upgrade- much better!!! But now I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be even better if I added 1 of the meep horns back in to the upgraded lower tone horns, to keep the high note in contrast to the lower tones?!! Has anyone tried something like this? How would this be done- I read something about a relay, but not sure how that works . Thanks!
You could always replace your recent purchase with 3rd party horns. I use the Hella Supertones; they're ~$36 on Amazon. They came with a relay, but I just wired them into the existing harness and have had no problems (over 2 years).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put a jumper wire from existing horn to new high tone horn. Ground the high tone horn. Light off the horn and see if you blow a fuse. Kinda doubt you will. If you do, remove the high tone, replace blown fuse. Test complete.
That sounds like a good plan! Is the jumper wire just one of those that I clip into the existing wire to the horn, that then connects to the old horn? I probably should buy some back up fuses anyhow lol!

How often do you use your horn?
Ha ha! More now! It does also sound when you want to make sure your doors are locked :)

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord, Coupe, Touring (V6, 6AT), 2017 Honda Accord Sedan, EXL V6 w/ Navi, Sensing
198 Posts
It won’t over load the circuit with 4 horns. I put in a couple Odyssey horns with the stock meep meeps. Nope, just checked my notes, the Odyssey horns sucked too (Hella 011 225-LT and 011 225-HT).

I ended up with Hella TC16S-LT and TC16S-HT. Sound was not good with the stockers and the TC16S. Much better with just the two upgraded TC16S horns.

I have four nearly new stock meep meeps. Anyone want to buy some?

BTW, these are not the horns that sound with the door lock system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts