Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....I have been lurking around reading up and doing mods to my 14 Sedan Sport for the last few months since I have got it and I appreciate all of the great write ups. I recently got a set of accord heated with turn signal mirrors in body color to replace the grained stock mirrors. I have been searching for the last few days and have not seen where anyone has done this yet on the 9th gen.

Does anyone have an idea where I can tap into the factory harness to get +12V for the turn signals as well as where the +12V wire is for the rear defroster under the dash?

For the heater function, I plan on just tapping into the current wire harness with out a relay. The mirrors draw 1A each but I have not hooked up my multi meter to the rear defrost circuit to see how many amps it is pulling. If I am close to the max fuse rating I guess I will have to run a relay to power the mirrors.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you get this to work, please do a small write up on which wires!! I thought about just tapping the turn signal wire. Have no idea where the defrost is. Good luck man!

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Subscribed. Interested to see how this works out as well as insight from those who are more familiar with the electrical stuff than I am. Good luck, guys!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
It's been discussed, but came to a dead-end when it got to the wiring part. I'm having trouble finding the thread at the moment, but I'll be curious to see if you can get it to work.

Which mirrors did you get? Last I heard, the only OEM option with heat and turn signals and without the LaneWatch camera was the mirrors from the Canadian Sport. Curious whether aftermarket options have popped up since then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been discussed, but came to a dead-end when it got to the wiring part. I'm having trouble finding the thread at the moment, but I'll be curious to see if you can get it to work.

Which mirrors did you get? Last I heard, the only OEM option with heat and turn signals and without the LaneWatch camera was the mirrors from the Canadian Sport. Curious whether aftermarket options have popped up since then.
MBNC, these are OEM. Part numbers are 76200-T2G-A11ZE and 76250-T2G-A11ZC. I wish I still lived in Michigan, I would have already been across the bridge to find a Sport and trace the wires.

Looks like this is going to be a little more difficult than I thought, but hey, its only 12 volts. Can't screw it up too bad.

Just checked Haynes' website to get a manual but they don't have one for the 9th Gen yet. Now its really going to be difficult to find the wires.

Anyone know where the turn signal relay is at under the dash? I can hear it clicking but can't find it when I was under there last night.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yea can't screw it up too bad... I guess the worst that can happen is the car starts on fire.

But you're right should be easy enough to do.

Best of luck!

·
7th Gear
373 Posts
MBNC, these are OEM. Part numbers are 76200-T2G-A11ZE and 76250-T2G-A11ZC. I wish I still lived in Michigan, I would have already been across the bridge to find a Sport and trace the wires.

Looks like this is going to be a little more difficult than I thought, but hey, its only 12 volts. Can't screw it up too bad.

Just checked Haynes' website to get a manual but they don't have one for the 9th Gen yet. Now its really going to be difficult to find the wires.

Anyone know where the turn signal relay is at under the dash? I can hear it clicking but can't find it when I was under there last night.
I thought I read somewhere that the turn signals were computer controlled. One possible way (not the best) is to run a wire through the firewall up to the turn signal bulbs and tap into the socket. The OEM remote start works with the rear defrosters so there must be connector that you could tap for defroster. Personally what I would do is add a manual switch and turn the heat on myself. How did you get your hands on these mirrors and can you upload pics of them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I thought I read somewhere that the turn signals were computer controlled. One possible way (not the best) is to run a wire through the firewall up to the turn signal bulbs and tap into the socket. The OEM remote start works with the rear defrosters so there must be connector that you could tap for defroster. Personally what I would do is add a manual switch and turn the heat on myself. How did you get your hands on these mirrors and can you upload pics of them?

The suspense was killing me and I had to get them installed. They couldn't sit on my workbench another day even if I do look like a poser with the turn signals not functional. but oh well. Good thinking on the remote start. Now that you mention it, It also triggers the turn signals when it locks. I did see a pdf of the installation manual for the remote start some time ago... time to get back to researching.

Pictures are kind of crappy, dang rain is moving in so I was pressed for time to get them installed and pictures taken before it started to rain.

Mirrors were acquired thru a buddy of mine that owed me.

Attachments

·
7th Gear
373 Posts
The suspense was killing me and I had to get them installed. They couldn't sit on my workbench another day even if I do look like a poser with the turn signals not functional. but oh well. Good thinking on the remote start. Now that you mention it, It also triggers the turn signals when it locks. I did see a pdf of the installation manual for the remote start some time ago... time to get back to researching.

Pictures are kind of crappy, dang rain is moving in so I was pressed for time to get them installed and pictures taken before it started to rain.

Can you adjust the mirrors from the buttons? If so is there a separate connector for it?

·
Registered
80 Posts

Any updates on this? Were you able to wire them? I don't care much about the turn signal but heated mirror would be nice!

·
Registered
183 Posts
This is Weird, my 2014 sport already have Turn signal heated mirror

If you don't mind could you please post pics of your mirrors and if not too much the mirror connectors.

Most of your connections can be made at the driver footwell, there are a few people that have installed them already. I'm working on mine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am working on this Upgrade as well. I have a different thread going however haven't had any response. As far as power drain from the defrost circuit goes, there is a 40 amp fuse. That said, it's been suggested to me NOT to tap the power there. However tap the "control" of the defrost relay, to an additional relay for the mirrors. Meaning they get their own power, but are controlled at the same time by the defrost control operation. When the defrost is on, the mirrors will be on. I think they run in 20 minute cycles. I've replace the mirror surfaces with the EX-L ones, routed a wire harness from both mirrors into the cabin. Here is where I am at a standstill. The relay control is in the "under the hood" fuse box, no problem there, however I have NO IDEA which one it is. WTH?? Why don't they actually identify each of the Relays too, instead of only the fuses on the fuse cover????? DUH? Because mine is a 2018 LX, I have looked high and low for info locating which relay it is, but nothing.......anyone know, help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts