Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking through the user manual and I don't see an answer to this. I know there's the knob to adjust brightness for the gauges and instruments panels. However, I'm noticing that adjusting this knob doesn't change the brightness on the steering wheel controls/buttons. And at night, to me they look kind of dim. Anyone know if these are adjustable? Not sure if they're fixed on one setting or not.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
There's no way to adjust it that I know of.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think there's a knob on the dash instrument cluster itself, it's like the trip reset or something like that. Haven't used it myself but I think that it's described in the manual..

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Put your trim level in your signature so we can help you better.

You may be able to go into the diagnostic menu to adjust the brightness.

But from what I remember playing with this, it is already at the highest setting by default.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a 2013 EX-L V6 Coupe w/ Navi

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Search for the threads on the secret diagnostic menu. I have no experience using the menu with the Accords with the 2nd i-MID screen, but others have played with it.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I don't think you can adjust the steering wheel light brightness but I am not sure about the control of the interior light brightness. The control of the panel lighting is not very clear in the owner's manual. For example you adjust the instrument cluster brightness with the knob on the speedometer. The brightness is adjustable with the parking lights on. Is the backlighting adjustable with the parking lights off for daytime? If you have the headlights in the auto mode the speedometer lights don't dim at night, I think. Also, does the mid info screen brightness dim along with the instrument cluster and how does one adjust the time when it switches from day to night? Is the switch of brightness connected to the auto head light function ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did you come with anything? It's daytime here and I couldn't tell if that knob adjusted the lighting at all anyway let alone the steering controls. It would be a nice option to be able to adjust both the wheel and the door panel buttons.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm pretty sure you can adjust the brightness of the screens/instruments/gauges with the headlights on or off. Seems to be no change to the steering wheel controls yet. I might give the diagnostic menu a try and see if I can come up with anything there.

·
Registered
480 Posts
In my dark garage I just confirmed that the instrument panel knob adjusts the brightness of not just the gauges but also the steering wheel and door panel lights on my sport. You might be able to set the brightness adjustment when it's light outside, but you won't see the results of that setting until it gets dark and goes into "night mode."

·
Registered
123 Posts
In my dark garage I just confirmed that the instrument panel knob adjusts the brightness of not just the gauges but also the steering wheel and door panel lights on my sport. You might be able to set the brightness adjustment when it's light outside, but you won't see the results of that setting until it gets dark and goes into "night mode."
Thanks for the info. I just went outside and checked mine also, you are correct about the wheel and door panel buttons..excellent. I wish that you could control them separately, I'd like to occasionally turn the door panels off. At least they can be dimmed respectively. Btw, I have the EX-L so it's the same as the Sport illumination.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You guys reminded me! My LX screen doesn't change day/night mode, at night I always have to change it manually :(

Any solution?

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
514 Posts
You guys reminded me! My LX screen doesn't change day/night mode, at night I always have to change it manually :(
Do you have the gauge brightness knob on the brightest setting during the day? I think someone said it won't auto adjust if you leave the knob in the highest 'notch'. Turn it down slightly then the auto adjust will work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Do you have the gauge brightness knob on the brightest setting during the day? I think someone said it won't auto adjust if you leave the knob in the highest 'notch'. Turn it down slightly then the auto adjust will work.
That's probably right! I have it on maximum brightness, thanks a lot

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts