Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! So looking for some advice on how to maintain and keep the paint from looking like crap.

I have a 2014 black Accord and didn't understand what everyone was complaining about with the soft paint... I *thought* I had only a few paint chips and it was similar to my previous car.... boy was I wrong.

I was washing my car and realized i have a good 20-30 small tiny paint chips along the front bumper and hood. I don't tailgate people a lot, do drive a lot in Mississippi and Alabama and some of the roads/highways are a bit rockier or gravel. i know to fill in the paint chips, the 2 larger ones its easier to go with, but for the smaller ones, but go over it as well? By small I mean small like a fine point sharpie point.

Also any advice to avoid the rock chips? I didn't want to get a clear bra due to the reason that as the car slightly fades, that area will not?

Like would getting another clear coat on top help or anything of that nature? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
If you don't want to go with a clear bra, then a coating is your best choice. Many to choose from: Opticoat, Cquartz, Blackfire, etc.

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,247 Posts
That's what I have on my car. Say what you want about the look being dated but it's the best protection you can get for your paint. As long as you remove it every time you wash/wax the car, you won't notice any real difference in the paint. Today's paints and especially the clears are far superior to those of even just 10 years ago with regard to UV inhibitors and UV protection overall. Gone are the days of sun baked, flaking paint as a result of inadequate UV protection.

If you want to avoid rock chips, you have to use a film or bra, no other way, coatings are great to protect against bugs and swirls, but a rock will go right thru any chemical addition.
Ditto!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts