Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone send me a link for the best Amp I can buy to power the new speakers (4x) I'm planning to install in my sport?

Also, any speaker recommendations would be appreciated as well.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Do not amplify the stock junky speakers. I replaced all speakers with 6.5" MB Quartz and disconnected the factory ANC... a world of difference in sounds quality! I am going to add a kenwood or kicker self amplified low profile sub under the passenger seat next month for some more bass but it sounds great right now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
To the OP-

Check around, there are quite a few threads on Accord audio in here, plenty of info to sift thru to make a choice.
Enjoy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Focal Integration speakers is all you need...

I have them on my sport with the OEM amp and they sound AMAZING! It's a HUGE step up from the crappy OEM paper speakers and was a simple swap.

I would love to have a self amplified subwoofer under my passenger seat but I'm still looking for one that works for me...

·
Registered
103 Posts

I have them on my sport with the OEM amp and they sound AMAZING! It's a HUGE step up from the crappy OEM paper speakers and was a simple swap.

I would love to have a self amplified subwoofer under my passenger seat but I'm still looking for one that works for me...
I didn't think sport came with an amp ? I thought only the 6 speaker premium sound system did

·
Registered
144 Posts
I didn't think sport came with an amp ? I thought only the 6 speaker premium sound system did
I mean factory stereo! ... Sorry for the confusion!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gotcha! I am very bias towards focal. Ever since my first set years ago, it is the only brand I will use for speakers. I currently have the focal coaxials in my sport now running off the factory headunit. In the spring I will upgrade the front coaxials to components and run and amp to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with Polk audio DB6501's component speakers up front without a amp and disabled the ANC and it made a way better difference...I could only imagine if I get a amp hooked up to them

·
Registered
55 Posts

All 4 or just the front.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
268 Posts
I went with Polk audio DB6501's component speakers up front without a amp and disabled the ANC and it made a way better difference...I could only imagine if I get a amp hooked up to them
the disabled ANC, does that cause your bluetooth calls or audio to mess up at all?

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Bluetooth will work fine, it's has its own unit located below the ANC behind the dash called the HFL unit (hand free link).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts