Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, got a po135 code front A/F o2 sensor heater circuit failure. 2007 accord auto 4 cylinder 40,000 miles. Purchased a Honda replacement sensor. I have not been under the car yet. I hope you will give me the benefit of your experience about the following questions.
1. is there clearance to use a 7/8" or 22mm wrench or O2 socket to remove the O2 sensor, or must you use a Oxygen sensor removal crowfoot locking adapter
2. does the clip that holds the O2 cable need to be replaced and/or is it difficult to open and close, and what tools should I have for the clip.
Thank you very much for your help and advice.
honjac

·
Registered
898 Posts
Is it the first o2 sensor (one attached to the header) or the one on the cat

I just replaced mine 3 weeks ago so the installed is fresh in my head.

·
Accord'ing
24 Posts
Well it depends..the o2 sensor... if you can get it off without using an o2 sensor tool you should be fine.. you just need a ratchet/flex wrench and such and make sure it doesn't affect the part surrounding the o2 sensor.. however the o2 sensor in the front behind the engine is must easier to access then the rear o2 sensor..the rear one will give you trouble and you might as well just spend the extra few bucks to purchase one...

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
2,151 Posts
Are you certain it is the front O2? It's more common for the rear to go first. I've never replaced a front one, just the rear, quite easy. Get the pass front wheel up on a ramp, put the pass seat all the way forward. Lift up the pre-cut flap in the carpet under the seat and disconnect the connector. There is a rubber grommet which pops out. Under the vehicle, unclip the wire and plastic shield from the rubber grommet all the way to the sensor by the cat. You will need the O2 sensor socket to remove it.

I went to Autozone and picked up the Bosch direct replacement (not universal). It appears to be identical to the stock Denso one, both made in the USA. So I think they are produced by Denso for Bosch, or vice-versa. It was $80 or so and a 20 minute job.

Edit: PO141 is the rear O2 sensor:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36368

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi nexon
its the o2 sensor on the downpipe (header). I appreciate your experience and advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info golftango. Very interesting about the bosch and denso sensors. maybe made in the same factory and labeled differently?

·
Registered
898 Posts
PO141 was the rear one, sensor 2, that i just replaced, for the front one, i recommend getting the special socet, don't see how you can fit anything in there other then the special socket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi nexson, yes i believe i will buy that crowfoot looking O2 sensor removal adapter before i start the job thanks for your advice

·
Registered
898 Posts
yea, then you just trace the harness. You can get to the harness from the top of the engine bay if you have long arms, it is easier.

Unplug the battery for ten minutes to reset the code.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
hi nexson, yes i believe i will buy that crowfoot looking O2 sensor removal adapter before i start the job thanks for your advice
When I did mine, (lower sensor), it was so loose that I didn't need any special tools. I had borrowed the crowfooot from a mechanic friend of mine but ended up not needing it. When I mentioned the loosenesss, he said they usually came from the factory that way. Point is, try it before you $pend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts