Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading multiple threads and 100’s of opinions on what improves performance and what doesn’t, I wanted to get opinions on if y’all think Ktuner/Hondata tune + PRL Downpipe would be a good start and if so, should I get a new exhaust system to go with the downpipe upgrade ? Just for reference, I am going for power, not strictly sound, not trying to get crazy with it, but would like my car to feel and sound more fun. Basically I don’t want to make unnecessary upgrades on performance if it really won’t make a difference, because after this I want to focus on cosmetics. Any feedback or recommendations would be appreciated, thanks !

·
Registered
141 Posts
IMO you want a power upgrade. Gotta do the motor work. Turbo upgrade... All that other stuff can fall in line after that. If you want to notice something..... Im thinking otherwise you might not really "feel" the difference you see on paper with all the other stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
IMO, I would agree with the above, but definitely start with a tuner. That way once you do the upgrades to the hard parts, you already have the access to re-tune to the new parts, and you'll get a pretty noticable power increase from the tunes to begin with. I only have a little experience with Hondata's software, but there is a lot of options available and there is the possibility of custom tunes as well. Again, just my idea.

·
Registered
442 Posts
You can see my sig. Not a ton spent, and at this point, it will not keep traction unless it is dry lol. No need for more power IMO because it won't hold the road. I can stomp it now even on dry pavement around 40mph and break them loose a little as it spools up. It is very fun to drive though, I leave it in sport around town and it is peppy.

I could see bigger power as a track car, but for a daily driver it is fun as hell with the mods I have I sounds good too.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMO you want a power upgrade. Gotta do the motor work. Turbo upgrade... All that other stuff can fall in line after that. If you want to notice something..... Im thinking otherwise you might not really "feel" the difference you see on paper with all the other stuff.
Have you done this upgrade yourself ? Everything I read about these CVT's in our cars makes me nervous to add a whole lot of power to it.

IMO, I would agree with the above, but definitely start with a tuner. That way once you do the upgrades to the hard parts, you already have the access to re-tune to the new parts, and you'll get a pretty noticable power increase from the tunes to begin with. I only have a little experience with Hondata's software, but there is a lot of options available and there is the possibility of custom tunes as well. Again, just my idea.
Appreciate the response, I went ahead and ordered K-Tuner V1.2 along with PRL Downpipe (with cat), super excited to see how it feels afterwards.

You can see my sig. Not a ton spent, and at this point, it will not keep traction unless it is dry lol. No need for more power IMO because it won't hold the road. I can stomp it now even on dry pavement around 40mph and break them loose a little as it spools up. It is very fun to drive though, I leave it in sport around town and it is peppy.

I could see bigger power as a track car, but for a daily driver it is fun as hell with the mods I have I sounds good too.
Thanks for the response, I ended up ordering Ktuner + Downpipe, excited to see the results. Do you think getting new tires would help or is it just us having FWD ? I will be getting new rims/tires anyways so possibly that will help.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Not sure on the tires. The enkei wheels I added are about 8lbs less per wheel than factory, so I am sure that freed them up some. I plan on replacing these goodyears with michelins when I wear them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts