Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found today that my front door speakers on my accord must have gotten damaged from rain or some other reason. I am trying to figure what speakers I need, and also what speakers anyone can recommend for me. I have never really bought speakers for a car before.

My car is a 2003 honda accord ex sedan. If you need for details, just ask. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I would stop by your local specialty stereo shop and see what they recommend. For some people price is the driving force and some sound matters more. There are many great brands of speakers but they all sound different, and your ears should be what leads you toward one over another.

·
Reverse Gear
1,000 Posts
So I found today that my front door speakers on my accord must have gotten damaged from rain or some other reason. I am trying to figure what speakers I need, and also what speakers anyone can recommend for me. I have never really bought speakers for a car before.

My car is a 2003 honda accord ex sedan. If you need for details, just ask. Thank you for the help.
If you are just replacing the fronts and not the rears, you want to find a pair of speakers that will "match" the back speakers. Each brand has its own characteristics. I sold car stereos in the 80's and I remember (I'm sure things have changed), Kenwoods had tons of treble, Sony's had exaggerated mid range. Pioneers had bass. If you tried to put one of these brands in the front, and another in the rear, the result was terrible. The expensive brands, Alpine, Infinity, Polk, JBL, JL Audio, tended to have nice balanced output.

A good (current) car stereo salesman will know all of this, and will advise you properly.

Personally, when I bought my gen 7, the back speakers were the first thing I replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts