Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed in June and noticed this winter that my rear defrost doesn't melt the snow. You can tell it melts a little but won't even clear a very thin layer. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Carpe Diem
2,565 Posts
Mine works fine. Did you perform the climate control learning procedure? Did you have dual or single zone climate control?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure I did. I did everything it said to do in the instruction manual. I have dual zone. What is the procedure? maybe it will ring a Bell. Could it be something else?

·
Carpe Diem
2,565 Posts
Press and hold the rear defrost
button until the LCD display starts
flashing. At this point the kit is learning
the type vehicle it’s connected to (so
don’t touch anything!). The LCD will
stop flashing after 30 to 60 seconds
and the kit is now programmed. This
is so the kit identifies whether it is in a
manual or auto climate system.

·
Carpe Diem
2,565 Posts
The only other thing I think it could be is maybe you have a broken wire on your rear window defogger grid. Take a good look at all the lines and make sure they are all connected.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm I believe I did do that test but I will try doing it again tonight. Also I will take a good look at the wiring in the window although I don't see any reason that a wire would have been broken.
Kind of an off topic question but how exactly does the auto climate control work?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Press and hold the rear defrost
button until the LCD display starts
flashing. At this point the kit is learning
the type vehicle it’s connected to (so
don’t touch anything!). The LCD will
stop flashing after 30 to 60 seconds
and the kit is now programmed. This
is so the kit identifies whether it is in a
manual or auto climate system.
Thanks that worked! I don't think I let it complete the first time because this time it actually took a couple minutes.

·
3rd Gear Roll
23 Posts
now that you've gotten the bug out of the system, do you thing that the kit was worth it? i was thinking about swapping. nut i have manual single zone climate, so im a little wary of the swap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now that you've gotten the bug out of the system, do you thing that the kit was worth it? i was thinking about swapping. nut i have manual single zone climate, so im a little wary of the swap.
Depends what you're comparing it too. I you want an aftermarket system in your vehicle this kit is definitely top choice.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Continuing problem. It seems to stop working after a few power ups and I have to re program the system. Grr

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Carpe Diem
2,565 Posts
You are the first person I've heard of with this problem so I'm thinking it might be a faulty climate control board on your Metra unit. I'd suggest contacting your installer and see if they can swap in a new one. Or contact Metra directly, they were pretty good about emailing me back quickly when I had questions.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are the first person I've heard of with this problem so I'm thinking it might be a faulty climate control board on your Metra unit. I'd suggest contacting your installer and see if they can swap in a new one. Or contact Metra directly, they were pretty good about emailing me back quickly when I had questions.
Yeah I'm in the process of doing that. I will repost the solution :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts