Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member here but long time Accord owner..

I just changed the battery in one of my keys , and thought it would be a cinch until the remote wouldnt work..It will start car just fine.

I tried the reprogram as posted on net ( 4x ON with Lock Button) and no sequence worked, must of watched a ton of youtube vids as well.

From what I saw reprogramming isnt needed and all I had to do was change the batt..?:dunno:

Thanks anyone..

·
Just another old guy ....
1,042 Posts
Not trying to be a smart a$$, but is the battery installed correctly? Also you may have gotten a bad battery.

Check to make sure the battery is installed properly and if so, try a different (ideally a known good) battery.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Is the little red LED on the key lighting up?

·
Registered
239 Posts
You must be trying to program keyfob wrong

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LED Lights up, battery installed correctly ..

So I put the new battery into my other key just for kicks to make sure everything was ok and WAH LA works fine.

Put the battery from older key ( still good) into the other key and still not able to use remote just like before..

I program or at least try to using the 4x Key to II with the lock button , as they show on youtube and posted here..

UGH...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ypsibird...I actually saw this post last night in a search and will try again.
I ordered another battery just in case.

Could I of somehow messed up the transmitter when taking the shell off or the "guts" out ..seems so simple and I figured if I did the car wouldnt start at all..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Turn to ii, hit lock
turn to 0
turn to ii, hit lock
turn to 0

and so on till you hear your locks engage, when you hear it hit lock one more time and turn to 0, try having your window rolled down all the way

·
Just another old guy ....
1,042 Posts
Here's another write-up on how to program the remote. Even though it's for an older model, it still works for the Gen 7 & 7.5

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts