Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we had a snowstorm in Toronto, lets just say the state of my car on snow is about as bad as a cow on ice :thumbsdow anyway after sliding and skidding around yesterday everything seemed fine. today once the roads were cleaner on the hwy my car started vibrated like crazy. I slowed down and stopped. Started going again and checked when the vibration occurred, 5th gear, around 80km/hr. I have an auto i4 with 120k on it. Gonna try to stay off the highways for a couple days till the mechanic checks it out.

Anyone got any ideas?:dunno:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha no there's no snow in there but im gonna go get the wheels balanced and check asap if its a bent rim as they are after market that may be an issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,616 Posts
Are you sure you have no snow/ice trapped between the chassis and exhaust pipe or in the rims? This happened to me once. I had a lot of snow that got into one of the wheels which made it out of balance. The wheel thumped and vibrated like crazy until all the snow got flung off on the highway.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Go to a coin wash and spray all wheels to clear the trapped snow.
The fact that it happens at high speeds, makes me think that its trapped snow throwing the wheel off balance. OR you bent a wheel if you hit any curbs.

·
Registered
957 Posts
It is for fact snow packed in the wheels. More often than not, snow backs up inside the back of the rim, between the outside of the inner wheel, and the brake caliper (the amount of clearance).
When you're hooning around in the snow, snow gets in there very easily. Every once in awhile after i notice RIDICULOUS steering vibrations, i stop the car, and get the ice scraper to get the packed in snow, of out the wheel.

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Johnny Law saw me kicking my wheels on the side of the road one time. He turned his police lights on and walked up to me to make sure I wasn't some angry meth head.

·
Banned
13,099 Posts

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Lmao!! :salue:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was ice:paranoid: haha thanks guys!