Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've done a bunch of reading and searching prior to posting this. I ordered a set of after market fog lights (for my 14 accord Lx 6 speed sedan) that comes with a relay and an independent switch.

My questions:

1) Where can I wire my relay harness power to? Straight to the battery?

2) the interior switch has to be wired to an "Acc", any pictures of where the "acc" is and how to access it? What about the ground wire? Any suggestions on where to tap that to?

3) Also, where is the firewall to the car? Any pics would be appreciated. (Yes, I'm a noob at this)

Thank you for your anticipated help. I'll likely do a comprehensive write up with pictures once I've installed them so as to help others who endeavour in this project.

·
Registered
745 Posts
1. Yes battery
2. ground goes to bare metal or look for a common grounding point(lots of black wires attached to metal)
3. Firewall is huge chunk of metal between you and the engine. It's like a wall of metal that blocks fire..get it? Lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks taffeta! Couple of follow ups:

1) Where is the acc that I could use to power the switch? Do I plug into the fuse box somehow? No clue how any of that works. Anyone have any pics?

2) the question I meant to ask is, where in that firewall do I push the wire through? Is it on the driver's side? Also do I need to take the interior paneling off to access the firewall?

Any pics or instructions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Hey, OP! :wave:

Here's a thread with a couple of guys that were asking the same question (about the firewall) and figured it out! -- http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/51-8th-generation/48050-amp-power-cable-through-firewall.html

I was gonna give my own lame explanation but that thread is the summation of everything I wanted to say... albeit accurate and proven correct LOL

Looking forward to see how this project turns out!

Edit: This one is for an aftermarket sub install and has pics! > http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/39-diy/67036-diy-8th-gen-accord-install-aftermarket-amp-subwoofer-using-factory-headunit.html

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just wondering.... dosent the LX come with the wiring already set up? all you need to do is buy the fog lights and the correct stalk?

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Just wondering.... dosent the LX come with the wiring already set up? all you need to do is buy the fog lights and the correct stalk?
To my knowledge, only the V6 models get factory fogs and the wiring (obviously). Not sure if the wiring already exists on other trims, and I doubt that that is so.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
To my knowledge, only the V6 models get factory fogs and the wiring (obviously). Not sure if the wiring already exists on other trims, and I doubt that that is so.
No. Every trim but the LX gets fogs. The LX doesn't have the wiring, it comes with the oem fog light kit along with a new turn signal/headlight stalk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks taffeta! Couple of follow ups:

1) Where is the acc that I could use to power the switch? Do I plug into the fuse box somehow? No clue how any of that works. Anyone have any pics?

2) the question I meant to ask is, where in that firewall do I push the wire through? Is it on the driver's side? Also do I need to take the interior paneling off to access the firewall?

Any pics or instructions would be greatly appreciated!
Personally i have not gotten around to order the kit yet. but i would assume that the acc wire could be spliced into the power for the DRL. I don't know if the acc wire is long enough to reach the fuse box.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just added a fuse and connected to an empty accessory spot that I had. Did it this morning and worked like a charm. If anyone has any questions I'll be glad to help them out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts