Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there someone who sells a decent looking grill? I am looking at buying a low mileage 2012 but after doing some research I find that I like the earlier grill (2008/2009?) better, or is there an even better aftermarket piece?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Is there someone who sells a decent looking grill? I am looking at buying a low mileage 2012 but after doing some research I find that I like the earlier grill (2008/2009?) better, or is there an even better aftermarket piece?
I think the grill is the same for 2008-2010. And I agree, it looks much better than 2011+. They should be swappable?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
275 Posts
8.5s (2011-2012s) have a different bumper, so no you cannot swap them. I used plasti dip on the chrome and it looks much better.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just happened to see a 2008 and 2011 together, and yes the front bumper is a completely different shape, I do agree that possibly blacking out the chrome grill piece might improve the appearance. Just wondering if there is an aftermarket grill for gen 8.5 Coupe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been looking as well as I just picked up a 2011 I cant find anything for our cars 2011-2012 I picked up a can of Plasti -Dip and will give it a try Like everyone says if you don't like it just pull it off:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've been looking as well as I just picked up a 2011 I cant find anything for our cars 2011-2012 I picked up a can of Plasti -Dip and will give it a try Like everyone says if you don't like it just pull it off:)
I would recommend taking the grill off to avoid over spray on everything behind the grill.

Unless you are fantastic at masking everything off, I personally didn't want to take the time to do that.

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Like I said If I hate it I'll just pull it off One thing i really hate is CHROME
I did see a few guys mention cutting up some cardboard and put it behind the grill from under the hood. Like I said if it sucks it comes off easy:thmsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think a vinyl wrap would be a simple thing to do, if it goes bad just peel it off and reapply. Maybe even do a faux Carbon fiber look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts