Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading lots and lots of posts and builds from KHA for his 2014 Accord Sport I have the same except a 2013. I understand and saw that he put a headunit in the accessory pocket in his car. I don't totally understand how I would rewire the factory headunit and the new headunit so that I could retain the IMID functions and utilize certain functions with my new headunit.

Goals:
1) Keep IMID fully functional (All settings, back-up camera, bluetooth for phone calls while using steering wheel controls, being able to switch through imid display's from steering wheel)

2) Use steering wheel controls to control music volume and seek through songs.

Additional Questions:

1) Is it possible to play music via bluetooth via the factory headunit and have that signal routed through the aftermarket headunit or will the SQ be better playing all music via the aftermarket headunit?

Additional comments: I will be adding to this system as I go along. I don't have the time or money or the drive to do a full install all at once. My build is primarily to boost SQ for personal listening while adding some extra bass and eventually adding a subwoofer later on down the road.

I'm sure I'm leaving out important information, but this is a start.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have already gone through that entire post about 2 times. I really don't want the metra harness. I'm looking to add an aftermarket headunit while keeping the factory headunit where it is currently positioned. The metra harness still appears too buggy to me and, despite the time spent on building such a device, is ultimately not what I'm looking for. I really like the MPG rating display currently on the IMID display.

· Registered
941 Posts
I'd like to be able to fully flesh out the sound system with an aftermarket HU, but it seems to be far more trouble than it's worth. Currently, anyway. I'd also love to be able to add additional speakers, but that's also probably far more trouble than it's worth. There's only so much in terms of sound system improvement that's actually practical for the typical owner.

· 6 Speed Newbie
211 Posts
1) Is it possible to play music via bluetooth via the factory headunit and have that signal routed through the aftermarket headunit or will the SQ be better playing all music via the aftermarket headunit?
Yes you can play music through the factory head unit's bluetooth and have that routed through the aftermarket head unit. Any signal played through the factory head unit will have the factory head unit's DSP applied (low end roll off).

The best sound quality will be playing music through the aftermarket head unit through USB using high quality files or CD.

Bluetooth should be low on your totem for sound quality (fine for voice calls).

· Registered
195 Posts
The factory headunit cuts off the low end of the signal and even with a LOC or a cleansweep the signal will still be poor on the low end.
That's not quite true. You can get an almost-flat response (+/- 1dB) down to 20Hz from the factory HQ with a processor. But, you will still be left with the bass boost that it does at lower volumes, so an aftermarket HU is best if you can live with the trade-offs.

The factory bass modifications affect any signal leaving the factory HU, so doing bluetooth music through the factory HU to the aftermarket HU would be the same as just using the factory HU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.