Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm sure that almost everyone knows that the OEM seats in the 8th gen accord are absolute garbage quality. I'm looking at buying some nice aftermarket ones, but don't want to spend too much considering it is still a Honda. I found some cheap 'leather' seats and they were going for 300 bucks for a set, so i can nearly guarantee they're gonna be junk. I want seats that will last me until i sell my car. Black leather is a much, and preferably, some red stitching would be good.

Please help

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
You don't cheap out on seats, if the seats fail, that's extremely dangerous.
You could just do katzkin, I honestly never found the 8th gen seats to be bad at all really.
If you really want a good aftermarket seat, I'd be leaning toward something like brides or recaros. If you can't afford it, don't do it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The price of decent seats will exceed all your current mods combined.

Didn't you test drive the car to experience the seats before you bought it?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I recently drove 12 hours, straight through, each way from Cleveland, Ohio to Hilton Head Island, SC and only stopped 4 times total for gas, food and bathroom break. My EXL seat was as comfortable as my previous long trip cars: 2010 MDX, 2008 Ford Expedition Limited, 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at the oem seats they don't seem to be that bad, but when you've driven in them every day and you have to live with them, they aren't too nice. The reason why i want to switch them is because my passenger seat doesn't lock in properly and there is about 2 inches of play (at the top of the seat) it is in the locked position. When you accelerate, the seat moves back and under braking, the seat moves foreward making the ride for the passenger very annoyed/uncomfortable. I'd rather not spend $300 for honda to take my seat apart and fix it when i could almost get a new seat at that price.

I'm willing to spend around $1000 on some new seats (+ harnesses). I've been looking at some nice sparco's, and brides but for the most part, they've been cloth or suede. If i had an EX with cloth seats, I wouldnt have a problem but i want the rear seats to match the fronts (black leather).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't think you are going to find a legit pair of any name brand seat for $1,000 with brackets and harnesses unless they are beat up or fake.

Find a wrecked 8th gen with leather and buy the seats.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Don't think you are going to find a legit pair of any name brand seat for $1,000 unless they are beat up or fake.

Find a wrecked 8th gen with leather and buy the seats.
Yes, I think that is the only way he will find the entire seats for that amount. My Roadwire leather and heating elements were more than that installed (I replaced the cloth in my 2010 EX).

Scott C.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be honest, i dont use the seat warmers even though i have them so they are not a big deal for me. Same with the power seat adjustments. And they're VER heavy seats too.

Does anyone know of a good seat that is fairly priced, that is black leather. If it comes to it, i might put more money into the seats if i know i'll be getting good stuff. I'll even sell the OEM seats to counter the price a bit.

I know there was a guy that had an EX that swapped the Recaro's from a Integra Type R but thats as far as i've seen on the accord. Have you guys seen anyone thats done different (seat swap. not katskin)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Use the factory brackets on a different seat,when i ditched the bench in my truck i got a set of mint grand prix GT leather buckets and used a set of dodge bucket seat brackets to make one bracket. $120 was the total cost :) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Steering wheel

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
To be honest, i dont use the seat warmers even though i have them so they are not a big deal for me. Same with the power seat adjustments. And they're VER heavy seats too.

Does anyone know of a good seat that is fairly priced, that is black leather. If it comes to it, i might put more money into the seats if i know i'll be getting good stuff. I'll even sell the OEM seats to counter the price a bit.

I know there was a guy that had an EX that swapped the Recaro's from a Integra Type R but thats as far as i've seen on the accord. Have you guys seen anyone thats done different (seat swap. not katskin)
Bride Taiwan seats are still about $2000(new), that's not even FIA approved seats either. If you really want a good aftermarket seat, go with a Bride Japan seat or Recaro seat. Buy/Have the mounts made (Roughly in the range of $400+ from what I've seen).

Keep your current seats, and transfer the seats over to your next car whatever it may be.

If you can't afford that or don't want to go through the trouble, I really don't know if it would be worth your while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts