Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve got an 05 Accord. All the bushings on the front lower control arms are bad. Are aftermarket LCAs any good or should I buy an OEM one? Or should I just replace the bushings? Also, how can I check the bushings on the upper control arm to make sure they’re not bad?

·
8th Gen Believer
4,014 Posts
Given that it took 15 years for original bushings & arms to wear out, that's a good testament for OEM.

Reactions: frogvtec

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Given that it took 15 years for original bushings & arms to wear out, that's a good testament for OEM.
Agreed, but they’re so expensive to put OEM parts on a 15 year old car. I’m just trying to figure out if I can reasonable get away with saving hundreds of dollars to fix a car worth $2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just put MOVEOTECH FRONT LCAs from Rock Auto for $60 each on my 2007 V6 with 145,000 miles.

The only Honda part I have found on this car that is required to me OEM in my book is the Rear Motor Mount. All others aftermarket is fine. If they only last 50k miles, it only takes 30 min to swap out. No way I'd go with $250 OEM.

·
Pilot without a plane
378 Posts
I put on lower control arms 325k miles ago. Pretty sure they were from Advance. Would've been either Moog or Driveworks if they were from there. Anyhow, the lower ball joints have been replaced since then. The compliance bushing and other bushings are still good at this point.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've used nylon LCA bushings in my Subaru's and they've held up well. The only thing I noticed was a firmer ride. Just an alternative to consider.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I had some no-name brand aftermarket lower control arms installed on mine because I was in a pinch (MAS CA59503/CA59504). The bushings are still in good shape 2 years and 25,000 miles later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts