Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
To be fair, I must say I like it a lot. I've been thinking about a similar thing for my 9th gen coupe, but as Rick said, I really doubt it doesn't impair your visibility. You should have taken her to your garage, put her against the wall and checked the difference after applying the smoke on one of the tails.

·
Registered
435 Posts
So where are these sold? Not a fan of splicing them.

·
HK Moderator
13,364 Posts
Not a fan of splicing them.
These are plug n' play, it seems....While it can be scary to splice into wiring the first time, if you use a soldering iron AND heat shrink tubes AND then electrical tape, you will have a lifetime, corrosion-free connection.

I learned the hard way that twisting wires with your fingers then shoving the whole mess back into a firewall does not last long. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Oh yeah. While I liked the first iteration of these from China, just too many ifs and some wiring change requirements. No thanks.

I like plug and play, and dont mind adding some RTV if needed. I've got a pair of smoked LED lights on the wife's car, been on there since 2011 and kicking right along.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got mine. Installed mine yesterday and immediately ran it through high pressure touchless car wash. So far so good. These smoked version makes the back end look more seamless on my black Accord Hybrid EX.

After plugging everything in, I ended up with 2 plugs that don’t fit each other from each inner housing. I could not locate any other connection for them to fit.

Update: I figured it out. Just have to bend the wires straight out and insert. Duh!

LOL these plug into the factory socket. Remove the socket and bulb from the factory lights then use the socket with this plug. Its plug and play!

·
Registered
435 Posts
So are these now listed on ebay or somewhere as plug and play? The first ones were not.

·
Registered
435 Posts
LOL what?

The set I got are absolutely plug and play.
Thanks, Ill go check out Aliexpress.

They wont be in stock for a bit, but I just ordered them off the HRS preorder.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you use a sealant on the edges and mounting points? I see other users have have reported moisture after rain or a car wash.

They sure are nice and shiny but I suspect not much testing went into them.
According to the seller, they fixed the seal problem from the first batch. Wiring was also improved.

Will your insurance company drop you if you get rear-ended because you reduced the visibility of your tail lights and have no independent laboratory testing nor government certification showing that they are legal in your country, state, province, city?
They are smoked but when they are activated, they are pretty bright. I was skeptical at first before install but I was surprised how bright they are.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Really happy with the smoked look, and the turns are cool. Took a little over an hour just moving at tinker speed. Cable from fender light to trunk light for rest of turn signal was easy to run too. Fitment is great. I went ahead and put clear silicone on the sides of each (where trunk meets fender when shut you can see areas on those sides of the light that it may help) just in case. Nice with it being plug and play. When you hit the brakes, there is a lot that lights up, and that is nice too.

The bottom shot is the lights on and me catching the turn in full movement. I love how they sweep out like the Mustangs. Also, the driver side turn portions do not match up because it wasn't all bolted in yet. I preordered these from Hi Rev Sports.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are these the red turn signal option or just the lighting that looks red? Do you have a video of the red signal? I'm debating between the two.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My turns are amber, they just look darker because the tails are smoked. They look fantastic on the white accord and adding smoked tails really changed the look of the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My turns are amber, they just look darker because the tails are smoked. They look fantastic on the white accord and adding smoked tails really changed the look of the car.
I agree, just ordered them! Did you add any sealant to the taillights? I noticed on the website they mention adding some so they don't get condensation.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I did on the edges where the trunk like meets the fender, on those sides of the lights. I didnt do much and it has been washed 3 times since then without issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did on the edges where the trunk like meets the fender, on those sides of the lights. I didnt do much and it has been washed 3 times since then without issue.
Thanks, I emailed Hi Rev Sports and they said they started adding silicone themselves. I'll check them out when they come.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I did not notice if they had done mine, I just looked where I thought it could be a gap, and added clear silicone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did not notice if they had done mine, I just looked where I thought it could be a gap, and added clear silicone.
Gotcha, I'll check mine when they come. May add some if there are some gaps just to be safe. Would be a pain to pull them out later if condensation still forms

·
Registered
21 Posts

Hey everyone. How you like this kind of tail lights? Found them on AliExpress. they have some startup animation and turn signals animated as well, that I don’t like at all.
Very similar to audi (new audi looks so sexy)

·
Registered
66 Posts
View attachment 517867 View attachment 517866

Hey everyone. How you like this kind of tail lights? Found them on AliExpress. they have some startup animation and turn signals animated as well, that I don’t like at all.
Very similar to audi (new audi looks so sexy)
I had the V1 of the aftermarket tailights for a year. I recently went for a carwash and saw condensation has gotten into the housing. Since it's winter time in NYC I decided to switch out and put the old tailights back in to avoid the condensation. The new aftermarket tailights are sick but I rather have safe working lights on my car than to worry each time whether they will work after a snow storm or rain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the V1 of the aftermarket tailights for a year. I recently went for a carwash and saw condensation has gotten into the housing. Since it's winter time in NYC I decided to switch out and put the old tailights back in to avoid the condensation. The new aftermarket tailights are sick but I rather have safe working lights on my car than to worry each time whether they will work after a snow storm or rain.
i agree with this... i was all set to order the new ones (audi a7 looking lights posted just above your post) and i decided to pass simply because i can't trust the quality. i'm going to look in to the OEM touring lights and harness directly from honda

Left Side: 34155-TVA-A11, Right Side: 34150-TVA-A11, Harness: 32108-TVC-A00

41 - 60 of 60 Posts