1,467 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
and its made in the USA with USA phone support...
looks the same as the chinese units, they're probably made in china, but the seller is located here in the US.

·
Registered
72 Posts
its does look like the rest of the chinese navi units though the tv part does sound pretty cool. I wonder how the navigation part of it is though. Skeptical just because of the low price

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its does look like the rest of the chinese navi units though the tv part does sound pretty cool. I wonder how the navigation part of it is though. Skeptical just because of the low price

there is a video on the ebay ad it shows how it works...

·
niiice!
347 Posts
i wanna do this!!!

but at the same time- you know whats also useful ? my iphone.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wanna do this!!!

but at the same time- you know whats also useful ? my iphone.

lol hahah

its this but if i can get a motevo navi for like 500.00 to 550.00 i think i'd rather do that...

witch system would you go with?

motevo navi / Qualir

or

CASKA

·
Banned
259 Posts
Don't do it, OEM all the way. Get a Garmin or TomTom and save your money.

·
6th Gear
765 Posts
I have a Garmin nuvi attached to the dashboard of my 7th Gen with a KudaUSA Black Leather GPS mount wired into an available Accessory fuse.

The mount attaches directly behind the steering wheel at the 2 o'clock position, so the GPS is situated between the IP and the dash radio controls and within easy fingertip access. I can easily remove the GPS when leaving the car, and the position and mount looks very much factory-like. I didn't want the Garmin attached to the windshield by suction cups with an unsightly power cord across the dash, nor did I want a friction mount that merely sits on top of the dash (and could become a projectile if in an accident).

The total cost, including the $250 Garmin nuvi GPS, Kuda dash mount for the Accord, mini-fuses, and $105 installation by a custom audio shop, came to about $587.00. The shop removed the radio unit temporarily to screw the mount into the dash, so that the screws are totally hidden when the radio is put back in. Well worth it for a non-nav equipped car.

EDIT: Sorry this info is for a 7th Gen, just saw this is an 8th Gen thread.

·
Registered
25 Posts
[email protected]! if didn't get laid off from work i would have bought this in a heart beat. looks like i'll have to add this to the to do list for the time being. hopefully some more people will buy this first and will have some reviews for us. I personally love the fact that it looks completely factory.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think FLY AUDIO is the way to go its a lot more money but its worth the money compared to the 500.00 / 600.00 units.....

·
Ridin' Low and Slow
438 Posts
Well it looks like Hernando and I are both searching for aftermarket navigation units lol. Even if I sell my car or trade it in I can always remove it and sell it....

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
13 ex coupe
53 Posts
hi! i got this about 2 weeks ago. if your car ex fit ok.i have lx it works good but you need motification on aux input cost you $5 at walmart.pretty simple install and seller even nicer . try to offer $450 he will do.make sure if your car lx . this will not display radio information, no subwoofer out. and backup camerai need switch wire .otherwise ok for that price . i will post picture next week. if someone know how to bypass radio display(need 2 wire get information for r.d.s) and need better gps antena. you can not mount inside dash.antena to week.i had some issue i will get new unit nex week.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hi! i got this about 2 weeks ago. if your car ex fit ok.i have lx it works good but you need motification on aux input cost you $5 at walmart.pretty simple install and seller even nicer . try to offer $450 he will do.make sure if your car lx . this will not display radio information, no subwoofer out. and backup camerai need switch wire .otherwise ok for that price . i will post picture next week. if someone know how to bypass radio display(need 2 wire get information for r.d.s) and need better gps antena. you can not mount inside dash.antena to week.i had some issue i will get new unit nex week.
i think im going to spend the extra money and get a fly audio unit....

lol i think i was talking to you over ebay about this unit was that you????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts