Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
2,566 Posts
Do a search for "autosoul" and you'll get all the info you need. These shitty chinese units are all the same, absolute junk.

The only legit way to get an aftermarket navigation is to purchase a metra dash kit and install a double din head unit that comes with navigation. My Kenwood Excelon DNX6990HD has Garmin built into it and is really great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input I'll no get that I'll just go with the dash kit and a double din. Got anypics of how yours looks?

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,499 Posts
Doing the OEM Navigation conversion is no different than installing an aftermarket head unit. Buy the kit off eBay which includes all the OEM parts and custom wiring harness. It is plug-and-play. The only extra steps involved are installing the DVD-ROM drive in the trunk and running the wiring harness up the center console. I bought the same kit in 2007 and it was easy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-to-200...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3388df8495&vxp=mtr

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,499 Posts
$1200 for an old and slow navigation unit with minimal features? No thanks.
No one was asking you. Old and slow. A current map disc does not make it old. Define slow. Input a destination and the GPS runs at the same speed as your Garmin, and how fast the car moves. I have used Garmin and TomTom GPS. They are not any faster typing in locations or reading maps. Minimal features. How do you know what his needs are? Maybe he doesn't care about them. All GPS units have the typical set of features. Maybe he would prefer the OEM stereo compared to an ugly aftermarket dash kit.

I like that you referred him to the Autosoul thread so he could see that you were the one that fell for that POS China stereo and thought you were so cool buying it. You actually believed someone in China would care about what you want. Then your girlfriend dropped your OEM stereo and broke it, leaving you stuck with that POS China stereo that didn't work. So how much money did you lose on that deal? You are just mad because you got duped by the Autosoul. Get over it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts