Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add some type of "Obstacle Assist System" to my 2007 Honda Accord SE V6. I don't have a problem with the size of the car, but it would make it easier to reverse into tight spaces. Would it be better to get a reverse sensor system or back up camera based off your personal experience? My buddy has a awesome "reverse sensor system" in his BMW that has a display and chimes as he gets close to object.

·
Legitimate hack
1,673 Posts
Personally, I like having the reverse camera. My wife's RDX has it equipped and I use the hell out of it. There's just something to be said about being able to see exactly where you're going as opposed to relying on a bunch of beeps to let you know where you are.

·
Legitimate hack
1,673 Posts
Not really. I have a bare bones LX with dreams and aspirations to make it mine. Baby steps though.

It helps considerably if you have the OEM navi and add the camera from the 8th gen to the system. Calamity Coyote did it to his.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
if you have an 06-07 with navi you are in luck because it is super easy to install a backup camera. there are multiple threads on this forum regarding the install and all it takes is making your own harness

·
Registered
514 Posts
I did some research on reverse systems. Best bang for the buck i found was the "smart eye" kit. Pretty simple set up and looks oem. I have it installed and it's been about a year with no issues. Check it up locally on your craigslist to see if any shops are having specials. I got my kit for 60 bucks. Really happy with it. I'm sure your aware how much the dealerships charge for the kit before install.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did some research on reverse systems. Best bang for the buck i found was the "smart eye" kit. Pretty simple set up and looks oem. I have it installed and it's been about a year with no issues. Check it up locally on your craigslist to see if any shops are having specials. I got my kit for 60 bucks. Really happy with it. I'm sure your aware how much the dealerships charge for the kit before install.
blackv6, would you be able to provide some additional information, i tried googling for "smart eye" and wasn't able to find much, other than HID's. I'm interested and looking into it.

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
I'd prefer a camera, my sister's Civic has an aftermarket reverse sensing system with 5 or 6 sensors, even then she backed into a low pile of snow/ice accumulation (about a foot and half off the ground) which dented and cracked the bottom of the plastic bumper on the driver side wrap-around.

She claimed the reverse system never beeped as she got closer and closer before she hit this pile of snow/ice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts