Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have been looking for a step by step diy on installing aftermarket seats for the 7th gen but cant seem to find one. i got an i4 se sedan with cloth seats. Here are my concerns:

1. Do my oem cloth seats have airbags in them?
2. If so, will i only be getting the srs light and passenger weight sensor light?
3. Lastly, as long as the airbags dont deploy WHILE and AFTER install, then im good, i can deal with the lights and bypass later.

I dont wanna hear any of your rants if you havent done the install yourself or any experience at all. I just wanna know what i have to deal with to install my recaros, thanks!

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
It seems with the 7G (at least the early years of it), side airbags were an option. If your car has them, then YES there's an airbag in the seat and the headliner (which is why seat covers aren't recommended for side airbag equipped vehicles):

YES you probably will get a warning light for replacing the seat. With the 8G disconnecting the yellow seat connector triggers a light that won't go away even if you reconnect it.

My car has a small (1/2" long x 1/4" wide) tag along the seat edge that says SRS or something on it. There's also a stamp at the top of the A pillar that says SRS something or other.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good gawd man! Why two threads on the same exact topic? Recommend you get some patience and do some light reading until someone comes along and tells you what you want to hear.
i think there was a glitch when i made the thread, i didnt wanna post 2 threads in the first place, calm your tits

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems with the 7G (at least the early years of it), side airbags were an option. If your car has them, then YES there's an airbag in the seat and the headliner (which is why seat covers aren't recommended for side airbag equipped vehicles): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7zU8zy2F88

YES you probably will get a warning light for replacing the seat. With the 8G disconnecting the yellow seat connector triggers a light that won't go away even if you reconnect it.

My car has a small (1/2" long x 1/4" wide) tag along the seat edge that says SRS or something on it. There's also a stamp at the top of the A pillar that says SRS something or other.
thanks for the feedback!

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
If you do remove the seat...would you mind weighing it? I've considered removing my passenger seat since I rarely drive with any passengers to save weight, but if it's only 20 pounds I wouldn't bother.

·
133 Posts
you MUST disconnect the battery first if you want to disconnect that yellow plug.

From my experience of installing heating elements on my front seats on an 8G, disconnect the battery first, then unbolt the 4 bolts (14mm) that hold down the seat, tilt the seat back and unplug all connectors, and then remove the seat. Do what you want with it, then put the chair back, plug all connectors, and then bolt it down. reconnect the battery again.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
hello, i have been looking for a step by step diy on installing aftermarket seats for the 7th gen but cant seem to find one.

I dont wanna hear any of your rants if you havent done the install yourself or any experience at all. I just wanna know what i have to deal with to install my recaros, thanks!
Oh, I found the link that has photos and a nice write-up (did you even bother searching?, really? Tell the truth....'cause this has been done to death)

.....but I don't have seat install experience so I shant speak of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, I found the link that has photos and a nice write-up (did you even bother searching?, really? Tell the truth....'cause this has been done to death)

.....but I don't have seat install experience so I shant speak of it.
ive seen lots on other cars but not on a 7th gen,where abouts is this link? thanks

·
Banned
13,101 Posts

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
Crazy Aussies - strapping a bottle of NOS down with the seat belt ... almost ... criminal ?

"I come from the land down unda" ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts