Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any aftermarket alarm system that can work with cars with smart keyless entry? I am thinking about getting a viper system but i think i will lose the smart entry functionality

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Is there any aftermarket alarm system that can work with cars with smart keyless entry? I am thinking about getting a viper system but i think i will lose the smart entry functionality
You will not. It's depends on which bypass you use determines if you'll lose a key fob. Also, the ones that you do NOT lose one, the car shuts off once you open the door. The one you DO lose a key fob, you can get in car press push button twice then brake to takeover and drive off without having to restart.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will not. It's depends on which bypass you use determines if you'll lose a key fob. Also, the ones that you do NOT lose one, the car shuts off once you open the door. The one you DO lose a key fob, you can get in car press push button twice then brake to takeover and drive off without having to restart.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
you are talking about immobilizer bypass, right? I am asking about the smart entry functionality.

If i use those viper 2 way fobs, will the smart entry still function? Or do i have to press the unlock button on the fob?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
you are talking about immobilizer bypass, right? I am asking about the smart entry functionality.

If i use those viper 2 way fobs, will the smart entry still function? Or do i have to press the unlock button on the fob?
No you will not need to press the unlock button first.
I have the one where you do NOT lose a key fob. I can RS and grab the door handle and it unlocks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No you will not need to press the unlock button first.
I have the one where you do NOT lose a key fob. I can RS and grab the door handle and it unlocks.
I am not concerned about losing a keyfob, i am concerned about losing a functionality which is the smart entry.

To make my question clear: if i use those viper keyfobs and ditch my OEM smartfob, will the car still automatically unlocks when i grab the door handle?

·
Registered
22 Posts
u can not ditch the factory fob with out it u can not unlock your doors by grabbing the door handle and you can not start your car

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,483 Posts
Do you want remote start or just alarm?

If you only want alarm you don't even have to carry the Viper FOB. With the proper interface, you can control the arming and disarming of the alarm with the OEM FOB in D2D.

Read up on the functionality of the DBALL.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you want remote start or just alarm?

If you only want alarm you don't even have to carry the Viper FOB. With the proper interface, you can control the arming and disarming of the alarm with the OEM FOB in D2D.

Read up on the functionality of the DBALL.
i want the viper FOB because it is 2-way, and i also want a remote start.
but i don't want to give up the smart entry functionality.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have the viper 5704 that is a 2 way security system with remote start. I don't see why pressing the unlock button is a deal breaker, but to everyone their own. I love the security system, and the remote start comes in handy in the winter. I haven't had to get into a cold car since i installed the system. I think its a buy :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
this is how i have it set up in my car u get the viper alarm with 2way and there smart start adaptor and an idatalink ads-al-ca module with the viper alarm, bypass module, smart start installed u leave your 2way remote at home, u use your factory fob retaining your smart entry the bypass module will arm and disarm the viper with your door handle and the 2way capabilities will be sent to your phone via text with the smart start app, u will have to use it to remote start the car but for everything thing else u use your factory remote, now with smart start u have gps tracking of the car which u don't have with the 2way, better range than the 2way(1 mile on the 2way- Unlimited range on the smart start app), and u don't have to carry any extra remotes any ?'s u can ask because thats how i did it on my car plus i installed it myself(professional installer) so i can answer just about any aspect of your question wether it be use or install oh and very easy to install it requires about 10 wires

1 - 13 of 13 Posts