Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
6Burgh
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I have an issue. I've had my 2013 EX-L V6 for about 2.5 years so far. About a few weeks ago I started having this issue with the subwoofer I installed not being as loud anymore and it doesn't get any louder after around Volume 20. My setup is a Polk Audio PA330 Amp and a Kenwood Power Series Subwoofer. I tapped into the OEM subwoofer cable right where in plugs into the sub and ran my line out converter to the amp. I'm thinking that the line out converter is bad or something the factory subwoofer cable shorted out? Are any of these possible or does anyone have any advice. BTW I turned the bass boost and gain up on the amp. The subwoofer is louder but like I said above about volume 20 it gets quieter. I also think that when I'm parked the subwoofer is louder than while im driving.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Depending on how it's set up it could be a couple of things, possibly related to ANC. The factory sub cable more than likely not to blame. If you tapped onto it and it shorted out, you wouldn't get any signal to the aftermarket amp and you would have no sound coming from the sub. The LOC could be going bad, or the amp could be the issue but the only way to tell is to start swapping components to see where the problem lies.

·
6Burgh
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on how it's set up it could be a couple of things, possibly related to ANC. The factory sub cable more than likely not to blame. If you tapped onto it and it shorted out, you wouldn't get any signal to the aftermarket amp and you would have no sound coming from the sub. The LOC could be going bad, or the amp could be the issue but the only way to tell is to start swapping components to see where the problem lies.

I'm hoping its just the LOC because for some reason that set up sounds well sounded amazing even though when I bought it for my 8th gen I just wanted something cheap for extra bass. Thanks for your input im going to swap the LOC first then if that fails Im assuming its gotta be the amp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts