Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The purpose of this thread is to aggregate information on only factory speaker upgrades for the 7th generation Accord. The idea is to guide folks with limited installation experience and budget to get a good speaker replacement, nothing else.

Here are the rules:
1. No amplifier, no aux connection, no HD radio, no subwoofer, no new wiring discussion. Just upgrades on the six factory speakers.
2. Only 7th generation Accords pls (2003-2007), no other vehicles/models.
3. No more than 400-500$ cost for all upgrades.
4. Speaker upgrades should be doable for a first timer (e.g. do not install a 6x9 in a 5.25 pocket).
5. Keep it concise, remember this post is for the average Joe who just needs to upgrade the built factory speakers and NOTHING else.

Sample posting (copy and paste for your own specs):

Accord Model: 2007 SE
Factory receiver specs: 120W Six CD player, No Mp3, No XM, No Navi
Music Genres: Rock, Techno, Classical
~ Tweeters replaced: No
~ Front Speakers replaced: Polk Audio db651s
Installation difficulty: Easy
Upgrade assessment: Mids are great, overall solid improvement
~ Rear Speakers replaced: Kicker DS6930
Installation difficulty: Very Easy
Upgrade assessment: Bass is ok, overall an ok improvement
Useful hints (weblinks or 2-3 line comments):
DIY: Front Door Panel Removal with Pics
Honda Speaker Adapter

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,499 Posts
An attempt at this has been done. I did it for about $200, with JL Audio speakers. However, almost all missed the point of the thread entirely and went on a rant about adding subs and amps. The point of my thread was improving sound on a budget by replacing the speakers only. Good sound can be accomplished by replacing the speakers, as you suggest.

However, replacing the tweeters does require re-wiring of the front speakers, since you referenced replacing all six speakers. Also, replacing the front door speakers would be rated more towards medium as some are not comfortable re-drilling the holes to mount the speakers and speaker rings.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=449059&postcount=1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Hillstones

Yes, I did see your post and it is an interesting one. However people went in all different directions. What I am trying to create here is a short summary of people's experiences, not a discussion post like yours.

I think both posts would complement each other nicely, strict summary info here, longer and deeper discussion in yours.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,499 Posts
Accord Model: 2003 EX-V6 Coupe
Factory receiver specs: 180W OEM Navi, XM, iPod, 8-CD Changer
Music Genres: Classic Rock, 80s, 90's, Rock, Metal, Jazz, New Age
~ Tweeters replaced: No; Connected: Yes
~ Front Speakers: JL Audio TR600-CXi 6.5 Two-way
Installation difficulty: Medium; re-drill holes to mount spacer rings
Upgrade assessment: Solid bass, crisper and clearer highs
~ Rear Speakers: JL Audio TR690-TXi 6x9 Three-way
Installation difficulty: Very Easy; use Honda screws to mount speakers; use factory grille covers
Upgrade assessment: Solid bass, crisper and clearer highs
Useful hints (weblinks or 2-3 line comments): Metra Speaker Adapter Rings 82-7803 and Metra Speaker Harnesses 72-7800. Purchase speakers from SonicElectronix's eBay Online Store to save on shipping. Purchase Metra items also on eBay. Total cost: $210.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I tried changing out the 2 front tweeters and it sounded way too loud in the front.the tweeters are running of my rear 6"9's and sound much better .i have them sitting behind the rear seat you cant even see them there are sounds great and clear!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts