Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2003 Accord about 6 months ago. The air mixture motor (drivers side) was missing, so the drivers side blows cold air at all times.

A friend of mine had an extra motor from a 2006 RSX that appears to fit, but the control arm does not reach the valves that control the air mixture. Since it did not appear to fit, I ordered a new motor from Honda (on the right).

The RSX motor fits with the mounting bracket, the new one from Honda does not fit it.

Photo of friends unit (left side), unit from Honda (right side), and mounting bracket from my car: http://i.imgur.com/CCnhcpI.jpg

When I plug in the new one from Honda, the climate control buttons under the radio turn off. As soon as I unplug it, they work just fine.

When I plug in the motor on the left, everything works (the arm moves when I turned on/off heat and AC), but I can't get it to mount correctly.

So here's my questions:

1. Is 791-SDA-A01 does not appear to be the correct part. Can anyone help me identify the correct part?

2. There's two moving pieces: One for the upper/lower air, one for the heat/AC. Does the motor move both of those at the same time, or only one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I plug in the motor that's in the photo on the left, it functions just fine. The arm moves up and down when I change the temperature. All of the other pieces seem to fit, I just can't figure out which part I need to order from Honda.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You could probably pull one off an Accord in a junkyard to be sure.

·
Ken
311 Posts
Is this for a coupe or sedan, and 4 or 6 cyl?

I feel we have a mixup of p/ns here.

·
Ken
311 Posts
In this picture:

You have item #6 which is: 79140-SDA-A01 (even though your picture looks nothing like that in the diagram). But it looks like you actually need item#7 which is p/n 79160-SDA-A41 or 79160-SDC-A41. The website lists two p/ns and it looks like the only difference between them is the manufacturer.

Check this link to confirm and compare it to your parts:
Heater Unit
The diagram is a bit tiny, as you can see, but it helps once you figure out the placement and orientation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In this picture:

You have item #6 which is: 79140-SDA-A01 (even though your picture looks nothing like that in the diagram). But it looks like you actually need item#7 which is p/n 79160-SDA-A41 or 79160-SDC-A41. The website lists two p/ns and it looks like the only difference between them is the manufacturer.

Check this link to confirm and compare it to your parts:
Heater Unit
The diagram is a bit tiny, as you can see, but it helps once you figure out the placement and orientation.
I see now that I have the wrong part. Thank you for your help - will report back after I install the new one!

·
Ken
311 Posts
Good thing it's a cheap(ish) part. Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts