Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Figured i'd get a post going as I put together my first air ride kit for this season. Here is my car as it sat last season on BC coilovers

Im going to be running the following setup. Still sourcing parts to it's subject to change a bit, but this is where I'm at:

Accuair E-level rocker switch
Accuair I-Level (iPad mini in-dash)
Accuair VU4 Manifold
Airtekk struts
Specialty Suspension seamless 5 gallon tank
Viair 400c

Here's where i'm at so far:

Decided to to a dry fit of all my fittings to make sure it's all going to work how i think it will

With everything looking ok, I began to fabricate a mount for the manifold:

Cut a piece of 1/8"x1.5" aluminum stock to fit under the tank mounts

Laid out the location of the manifold and marked the mounting holes

Used a countersink to allow the machine screws to sit flush on the back of the bracket

Here's how the completed bracket looks with the manifold mounted:

Now on to my favorite part so far (not). Polishing the tank!

No real in-progress pics here, but here are my pics at about halfway through the polishing process.

This is 400/800/1000 grit wetsanding so far. I still need to wetsand up to 2500 grit and polish it out to see where i'm at, but i'm happy with it so far. I have about 5 hours into it at this point, and i'd say im about halfway done. Still undecided if i'm going to paint the brackets (black) or polish them as well.

I'm still learning as i go along, so please let me hear any feedback you guys have so far. Next steps are to finish polishing the tank, work on some simple hardlines, and get the tank and fittings all sealed up and pressure tested. My air struts are being built right now and will be ready in a few weeks. Hoping to get this thing on the ground by mid March.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
506 Posts
You have some skills for sure. Good luck with the rest of it.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
I would have suggested dropping the tank off with a guy who does polishing for a living. Would save you a ton of elbow grease :)

Going to be a cool thread.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What happened to your hfp rims?
You must be thinking of someone else. I never had HFP rims.

Thanks for the love guys. Just ordered up the fitting and tubing for my hard line setup. I should get some more polishing time in tomorrow.

I would have suggested dropping the tank off with a guy who does polishing for a living. Would save you a ton of elbow grease.
True story, but it'll be satisfying when I'm done and can say I did it myself...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered up the stuff for my hard lines setup. Going to be running 3/8 stainless hard lines with Swagelok fittings. The pic below is the look i'm going for...

Just dropped the tank and manifold brackets off at the powdercoater. Once i get them back I can start fabricating the hard lines...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a bunch more parts in today...

Powdercoated tank and manifold brackets

Got my E-Level Rocker Switch system today from Bag Riders

Also got the fittings to convert my bags from 1/4 to 3/8 line

Progress lately has consisted of completing the polishing of the tank, and building a false floor to mount everything too. I didnt take too many pics, but here's what I got...

Tonight, I was able to get the tank, manifold and ECU mounted to the floor. Also laid out and installed my Swagelok bulkhead unions. Next step is to bend up and polish the aluminum hard lines.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is how far i got with the hard lines tonight. Had to order some more tubing, so on hold for now...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE:

So finished bending up the hard lines the other night.

I also finished up all the other plumbing and installed the pressure sensor

After that i took it out to the car to test fit everything in the trunk and pressure test all my connections.

needless to say, it was leaking like a sieve, mostly because I was afraid to over tighten any of the fittings. I think I got everything sealed up well now though. As soon as I get a little warmer weather I'm going to start running my air lines and sensor wires to the wheel wells. Struts should be here next week hopefully!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Digging it so far. I rather have air over coil-overs.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Also, if you don't mind, let me know what the total cost to get this installed was as well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also just got the rocker switch for my e-level mounted today. Looking OEM, just how i like it on the inside

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks good man, u will love it ! Got Airrex on my Lex.....

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
I knew I recognized that photo on FB Peter.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts