Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a petrol Accord (European) EX I-VTEC - 2.0L, 2007. Yesterday I had a problem with the keys not opening the car remotely (now sorted). The car starts as usual, the green key on the dashboard goes away, the doors open and close remotely, the problem is the alarm is always on (unless I disconnect the battery. Does anyone know how to reset the alarm or how remove the siren? Thanks
Happy New Year !!!

· Elvira
4,386 Posts
  1. Insert the ignition key in the driver-side door lock.
  2. Turn the key to the unlock position.
  3. Turn the key to the lock position.
  4. Turn the key back to the unlock position. The alarm should now be disabled.
The alarm should now be disabled. Start your engine and allow the vehicle to run for at least 10 minutes. This will allow the Accord to reset the alarm. When you’re done, you can shut off the Accord and arm the system as usual.

“Honda Accord Repair Manual 2003-2007”; Robert Maddox, John H. Haynes; 2008

If it still is doing this check the bonnet latch to see if it is open circuit as this may keep setting the alarm off.

Happy New Year and good luck.

· Elvira
4,386 Posts
let us know if this works for you.

TIA

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  1. Insert the ignition key in the driver-side door lock.
  2. Turn the key to the unlock position.
  3. Turn the key to the lock position.
  4. Turn the key back to the unlock position. The alarm should now be disabled.
The alarm should now be disabled. Start your engine and allow the vehicle to run for at least 10 minutes. This will allow the Accord to reset the alarm. When you’re done, you can shut off the Accord and arm the system as usual.

“Honda Accord Repair Manual 2003-2007”; Robert Maddox, John H. Haynes; 2008

If it still is doing this check the bonnet latch to see if it is open circuit as this may keep setting the alarm off.

Happy New Year and good luck.
Thanks for your help, I had tried that, but it didn't work.
What seems to have resolved the issue for now, was to get behind the glove compartment and remove 2 relays in the central column (there are six relays in all on 2 rows, 3 columns). The alarm stopped immediately, although the engine went into limp mode. I replaced the relays and the alarm hasn't started again. Unfortunately now I have an engine managment light on... Possibly due to the limp mode. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts