Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've read a lot about alarm going off completely randomly. However, I've identified my problem seems to be related to rain/moisture. AFAIK there are 6 "triggers" - hood latch, trunk, and all 4 doors. I fail to see how would the moisture reach the latch hidden under the hood nor the locks. All of them seem to be dry and fine.

Most of the cables inside the engine compartment seem to be intact and well-protected against the moisture. The only exception and my "personal culprit" seems to be a strange unprotected brown connector which is duct taped to a headlights cable. The connector is located between the battery and fender so a really heavy rain can potentially reach it.

I was unable to find any info regarding the unprotected connector. Does it have a purpose? Should I just wrap it with a tape?

Thanks!

It's the brown one pictured bellow (sorry, it's a bit cramped down there):
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Both front door stills contain water after heavy rain. As the stills are subject of wear&tear I suspect this kind of leak will eventually attract rust.

The door weatherstripping (72310-TL0-xxx/72350-TL0-xxx) is not torn, although it seems a bit compressed/aged.

See the door still protector almost filled with water below. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
None of that matters if there is no water in your vehicle...the gasket is inside of that sill.
And there is paint underneath that sill plate..they install/stick those on(typically) with double sided tape.(my EX-L has stainless or stainless coated plates that are installed with double sided tape)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None of that matters if there is no water in your vehicle...
I'm afraid this is not really true since those puddles often stay there for a while - overnight or even days. Like I said the still area suffers from wear&tear during getting on/off the vehicle.

Prolonged water soaking combined with the worn paint surface of the still sounds bad. I guess the outer door gasket should stop the water, shouldn't it?

I suspect this cosmetic issue is only the beginning:

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
I'm afraid this is not really true since those puddles often stay there for a while - overnight or even days. Like I said the still area suffers from wear&tear during getting on/off the vehicle.

Prolonged water soaking combined with the worn paint surface of the still sounds bad. I guess the outer door gasket should stop the water, shouldn't it?

I suspect this cosmetic issue is only the beginning:

View attachment 532962
Rust is a different story...
Someone edited your post because you never mentioned rust in your original post.
Yes sir, you need to take care of that.

Neil Young, man...rust never sleeps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts