Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2016 accord sport, I just recently noticed that my lights aren’t blinking, or my horn isn’t beeping when I double press the lock button on the remote. The doors do lock, but that’s all. No red light blinking on the dash. All of the doors are closed, and the trunk and hood are closed as well. I did replace the car battery 2 months ago, but it was functioning properly afterwards so I’m not sure what’s causing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Did you check the settings?
Vehicle Settings>Keyless Access>Keyless Access Light Flash
Vehicle Settings>Door Setup>Keyless Lock Answer Back

Also possible one of the sensors isn't working even though everything is closed/locked. Open and close hood and trunk and see if that helps...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that was the first thing I checked to make sure it was enabled.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
So now you have to check the sensors, and maybe the fuse(s). There are some threads about the hood sensor malfunctioning, so search for those...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So now you have to check the sensors, and maybe the fuse(s). There are some threads about the hood sensor malfunctioning, so search for those...
Ok I’m heading to the garage now to check the sensors and check the fuses. I’ll look up the threads too, thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
When my trunk latch assembly went out, it caused this same problem. But also the trunk indicator on the dash stayed illuminated. Another way to check this would be to look through the back seat to see if the cargo light in the trunk stays on after the car is off and locked.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When my trunk latch assembly went out, it caused this same problem. But also the trunk indicator on the dash stayed illuminated. Another way to check this would be to look through the back seat to see if the cargo light in the trunk stays on after the car is off and locked.
None of the lights son the dash stay illuminated, but I’ll check and see if the lightning the trunk stays on. I’m trying to find out which fuse to check, and if it is the one under the hood or under the dash.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried removing the hood latch, and disconnecting the wire harness but that didn't work. I think you would normally get a message on the dash if the hood was open, but with the hood open I don't get it anymore so I'm thinking that's definitely the issue. Is there a fuse I can check for the hood latch sensor, and what would it be called?

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,997 Posts
Tried removing the hood latch, and disconnecting the wire harness but that didn't work. I think you would normally get a message on the dash if the hood was open, but with the hood open I don't get it anymore so I'm thinking that's definitely the issue. Is there a fuse I can check for the hood latch sensor, and what would it be called?
There is no dash notification for the hood being open on my 9G.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is no dash notification for the hood being open on my 9G.
Maybe the trunk? Lol

If so - will the trunk open with the remote? Or only from the lever on the floor board?

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,997 Posts
The trunk has an indicator and will open via remote.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry, was responding to his comment ultimately. If he really meant trunk instead of hood, his trunk latch assembly could have a short in the micro switch.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, was responding to his comment ultimately. If he really meant trunk instead of hood, his trunk latch assembly could have a short in the micro switch.
Yeah the trunk opens from the remote normally, and I checked to make sure the light in the trunk goes out when I close the trunk. I must have been thinking about my work vehicle with the hood open notification on the dash. I checked all the door switches and they are functioning properly so I’m not sure what else to check.

·
Cruising in Montana
4,177 Posts
Is there a fuse I can check for the hood latch sensor, and what would it be called?
There is no fuse for it; it's not powered. It's just a normally open (or normally closed) switch. It can be either, depending on how the circuit is wired. (When I say "normally open" or closed, I'm referring to the electrical condition, not physically opened or closed.)

If the hood latch switch is still suspect, find the switch (probably near the horns) and unplug the wire leading to it. The circuit is now electrically "open". Does the alarm arm? If not, take a paper clip or something similar and stick it in the two holes of the plug. You've now 'closed' the circuit. Does the alarm arm?

Yeah the trunk opens from the remote normally,
That's a different function. A solenoid is responsible for unlocking the trunk. The trunk light is controlled by a switch on the latch itself. When the trunk is opened, that switch turns the light on. That same switch is probably also used for the trunk's part of the alarm, and the 'trunk open' indicator light on the instrument panel.

Hopefully all that makes sense! :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is no fuse for it; it's not powered. It's just a normally open (or normally closed) switch. It can be either, depending on how the circuit is wired. (When I say "normally open" or closed, I'm referring to the electrical condition, not physically opened or closed.)

If the hood latch switch is still suspect, find the switch (probably near the horns) and unplug the wire leading to it. The circuit is now electrically "open". Does the alarm arm? If not, take a paper clip or something similar and stick it in the two holes of the plug. You've now 'closed' the circuit. Does the alarm arm?

Hopefully all that makes sense! :)
I unplugged the wire from the switch of the hood latch, and it still wouldn’t arm. I’ll try the paper clip when I get home in the morning and see if that works.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I managed to fix the issue by removing the hood latch and cleaning it with simple green and spraying it down with a water hose. Reinstalled it and now it’s working like it’s supposed to! Thanks for all of the suggestions.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I managed to fix the issue by removing the hood latch and cleaning it with simple green and spraying it down with a water hose. Reinstalled it and now it’s working like it’s supposed to! Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Turns out the hood latch wasn't the issue either. When I got to work last night the alarm didn't arm again so I was like wtf. So I messed around with all of the doors and it seems the lock on the rear passenger side door wasn't locking when I hit the lock button on the remote, causing it to stay unlocked. Now I know exactly what the issue was, and I can breathe a sigh of relief lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts