Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone-

I just bought a used 2007 Accord from a family memeber. The car spent most of it's miles in Florida. It is a 4 cylinder automatic trans model and just turned 105K miles. The car runs like a top and I had just replaced the trans fluid and spark plugs. I will be doing the coolant fluid change pretty soon as well.

I do not think my sister ever had the car aligned, and I have been experiencing a lot of tire noise at low and high speeds. I took the car for an alignment check and this is what the measurements were:

Left front: camber 0.2, caster 3.2 and toe -0.11
Right front: camber 0.0, caster 3.4 and toe -0.27
Total front toe: -0.37
Steer ahead: 0.08

Left rear: camber -0.9 and toe -0.12
Right rear: -1.7 camber and toe 0.02
Total rear toe: -0.09
Thrust Angle; -0.07

The tech told me the only way to correct the right rear camber was to replace the arm (I think he said control arm, but am not positive). They quoted me $190 for the part, $60 in labor and another $90 for an alignment. I don't mind spending the money to get this fixed, but wanted to make sure this is what is needed and will actually fix the issue. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Only toe is adjustable on the 7G Honda Accord front and rear.

I use the Ingalls kit in the rear, but there's also an adjustable arm w/ a ball joint that you can install to replace the upper control arm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No use essentially throwing a bandage on what ever the camber problem is since you could possibly have a really worn or bent piece in the suspension. After hearing your story I might consider finding a new mechanic since both control arms (top and bottom) can be purchased for cheaper in what sounds the price he is charging you on one. Also it seems a bit strange that he wouldn't throw in the alignment (that really should cost closer to $60 in the first place) being you paid for the initial one and how easy they are to do on a machine because even the local honda dealers around here would throw it in.

·
Super Moderator
6,544 Posts
- Only toe is adjustable on the Accord. The rear eccentric bolts are for adjusting rear toe

- If you have a negative camber going past the limit of -1.5 degree in the rear, then most likely you have a sagging/bad strut that should be replaced

1 - 8 of 8 Posts