Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just had my alignment checked at goodyear and they were telling me I need a new control arm for the rear to correct my negative camber.

Now I already have the ingalls rear camber kit installed, I don't know if they knew I had an adjustable lower kit on but my question is do I really need the control arms or is this guy just BSing me because he doesn't know

I already have this
http://throwdownperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=219_1_2_5_246&products_id=617

And this is what he wanted me to purchase
http://throwdownperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=219_1_2_5_246&products_id=622

Thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
How bad is the camber? If it's greater than -1.5 your arm can't correct for that. The SPC one, however, is good for -2.0 degrees.

·
Registered
156 Posts
what do you have done to the suspension of the vehicle? Why are they saying you need c/arms? bushings gone? ball joints loose? Look underneath the vehicle with it jacked and up and check bushins and b/joints with a pry bar for looseness. If they are worn b/joints you need to replace the arm, if it is the c/arm bushings I don't believe they are available seperate either and the arm will also need replaced.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention it's off by -1.5 on the left and -1.2 on the right rear
Is the camber -1.5 or is it off by -1.5? There's a difference. :yes:

If the camber is -1.5 I don't see why it can't be adjusted to be within specs. If it's off by -1.5, then have them adjust it to as close to specs as possible.

BTW, my camber is -1.5 pretty much all around and my tires don't wear that fast. Toe (mostly) and caster have greater effect on tire wear than camber.

·
Registered
156 Posts
both rear arms are probably worn out

stock specs

Alignment

Camber:
Front 0°00' ±45'
Rear -1°00' ±30'

Caster:
Front 3°15' ±45'

Total Toe:
Front 0 ±2mm (0 ±0.08 inch)
Rear 2 ±2mm (0.08 ±0.08 inch)

Front wheel turning angle:
Inward 35°20' ±2°
Outward 29°40' (reference)

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
So should I worry about getting the new control arms?
If it were me, no. As I already said, my camber is -1.5 all around and I hardly notice the tire wear. I drive 20k+ miles a year, too. $150 for just the arms is basically the cost of two tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts