Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2005 Honda Accord LX Sedan all the 3 passenger side windows stopped working. When I press the switch a click sound is heard.
Driver side window is working properly.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

·
Registered
269 Posts
In my 2005 Honda Accord LX Sedan all the 3 passenger side windows stopped working. When I press the switch a click sound is heard.
Driver side window is working properly.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,
this might sound stupid, but did you check the window lock button? maybe that pressed down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked

Checked switch and fuses. All ok.
If switch is in lock position there is no click sound.

·
My other car is a Cobra
36 Posts
Checked switch and fuses. All ok.
If switch is in lock position there is no click sound.
What about from the driver's side. Can the driver side switch still roll the window down? If yes, than your passenger side just needs a new switch.

If neither switch rolls down the window than I would start looking at components, like the motor for the passenger window.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
I had this happen on my old VW. It sounds like you have some failed/failing window actuators (or something is stuck in the track).
You either have to take apart the door or pay Honda to check it out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also have this same issue. My driver side window wouldn't always go down... would make clicking sounds occasionally, etc. Passenger side started doing it on occasion as well... then the window started being VERY slow going down (sounded like it was really struggling).... then it finally died... mid-winter (December 2010) in the OPEN position.

Given that I had to drive in Canadian winter with an open window I didn't mess around with DIY - went to Honda... they gave me a new window motor and said everything else is tested and perfect... $400 later. They also cleaned out all the tracks multiple times.

I drive away and 30 mins later window wont go down. so my motor is new and working.... I think it's the switch that is next. Not many other options? I'm not going through Honda again for $350. So I need to find a used switch and replace it I presume... judging by the intermittent behaviour I would guess it's caused by water damage...

Any other ideas?

PLAN of ACTION:
check all cables/connections (I've removed door panels in the past) +/- replace switch

·
2004 accord ex sedan 4cyl
16 Posts
i just brought my accord to honda to get my passanger side window fixed. they quoted me the same amount. I hope it doesn't do the same thing when they fix it, stop working 30 min later.

·
2004 accord ex sedan 4cyl
16 Posts
or you know what you should try, if you have a friend with 7th gen accord ask him you could borrow his window switches to determine if thats whats really needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2007 EX 4DR with only 50k miles after a body shop performed a complete paint job. All three passenger windows wouldn't work. I took it back and they did continuity tests etc. and traced the problem back to the relays under the driver side of the dashboard (which you have to remove to get to them). They replaced my relay and the windows worked great, for about a month then they (just the 3 passengers again) suddenly stopped working again. Took it back, blown relay again! We did this 3 times before we decided to look at the wiring schematic for the window systems and saw that the passenger windows are on a different circuit than the driver's window because of the auto roll down feature for the driver. Checked the motors, control panel etc. just to be sure and everything was fine. Since the 3 passenger windows are circuited together we could only guess that there was a short in the circuit, maybe a cut wire during the paint job that occasionally grounds out during bumpy driving. We'll just have to take all the panels off again and inspect all the wiring. I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck! Hope this gives some insight. Cheers

·
Registered
372 Posts
Im having same problem atm, i ordered a new master window switch

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2007 EX 4DR with only 50k miles after a body shop performed a complete paint job. All three passenger windows wouldn't work. I took it back and they did continuity tests etc. and traced the problem back to the relays under the driver side of the dashboard (which you have to remove to get to them). They replaced my relay and the windows worked great, for about a month then they (just the 3 passengers again) suddenly stopped working again. Took it back, blown relay again! We did this 3 times before we decided to look at the wiring schematic for the window systems and saw that the passenger windows are on a different circuit than the driver's window because of the auto roll down feature for the driver. Checked the motors, control panel etc. just to be sure and everything was fine. Since the 3 passenger windows are circuited together we could only guess that there was a short in the circuit, maybe a cut wire during the paint job that occasionally grounds out during bumpy driving. We'll just have to take all the panels off again and inspect all the wiring. I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck! Hope this gives some insight. Cheers
So did you finally find the problem? My car has same issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts