Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a set of 4 from walmart total was around $28, but i really did not like the fitment of the mats, so i will probably return them. Has anyone purchased the weathertech or OEM? Which mat would be better? Cost wise, both mats cost about the same. I want to get mats all around including the cargo tray which is currently on sale at http://www.handa-accessories.com/accint06.html Much cheaper than the ones at weathertech.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have had the OEM mats and cargo tray since I bought my 2006 new. The floor mats are a heavy duty flexible material and the fit is great. Cargo tray fits perfect as it should. The only problem with the cargo tray is you have to be carful what you clean and or condition it with. Some cleaners and conditioners make it slick, so things could slide around on top of it. I found plain soap and water work best for cleaning it.

·
2006 I4 MT
2,088 Posts
OEM ones looks great. It really makes the interior look better. I have bought the mats and trunk liner. I used a cheap walmart or costco all weather mat before I bought the OEM. Made the inside look cheap.

Plus you live in Cali, you don't need the protection of the weathertech liner.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
These types of mats have always been a problem with me (maybe bc I have 6MT and clutch to brake etc.) but the premium mats from collegehills I destroyed, and now I have the all season rubber mates from H&A and left some nasty rubber shoe sole markings that will not clean off, also don't really like the look of them - think i am gonna go for some black carpets at some point (hopefully some custom heavy duty ones with a custom logo)

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
I had some OEM front floor mats in my 6th gen coupe and I really liked them. I didn't drive in the winter so not having a higher sidewall like the Weathertechs wasn't an issue, but it helped keep the flooring nice and clean. Biggest thing I liked about them was that they were super easy to clean. :)

I'd probably go with the OEM's, cheaper and fitment is excellent. That is unless you plan on walking through slush all winter or going off roading, then Weathertech might be worth it, but definitely way pricier.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
The weathertech are pretty expensive, you should check out autozone I got some real nice ones for $40 and the fitment was perfect

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great replies! I think I will be going with the OEM's since everyone said it looks way better :thmsup: Where did most of you guys get the OEM mats at? I've checked around and the lowest price i found was about $85 for the set, 45 fronts, and 40 rears. Then the liner was about 60$.

·
2007 Accord EX-L V6
19 Posts
I have weathertech mats and I love them! They fit perfectly and are super easy to clean! Worth every penny!

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
The downside is that you had to trim them to fit right? I personally use the OEM all weather rubber mats. They are great except the rear passenger mats always seem to slide forward. It seems they don't grip enough.
Of course not. They come precut and fitment is perfect.

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
I've always preferred the OEM "all weather" mats to the standard carpet mats. My clutch foot wears a hole in the carpet mats quickly.

However - the OEM mats are great for *warmer climates* where sand and maybe leaves are the main concern. For that they're great.

When I lived in PA and there was a ton of snow - do not get the OEM mats. They are not grooved and baffled deeply enough to hold water from melting snow. Every time you take a corner, the snow will slosh off the sides and it will leave massive salt and water stains on the carpet along the door sills and under the seats.

If snow is a concern, definitely spring for the Weathertech Mats.

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
2,151 Posts
Lloyd Ruddertite mats are pretty sweet. Just installed mine a couple weeks ago.
Do they have a strong "rubbery" smell? That is the only thing I hate about cheaper all-weather mats, too strong of a rubber smell. Weathertechs did not smell at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do they have a strong "rubbery" smell? That is the only thing I hate about cheaper all-weather mats, too strong of a rubber smell. Weathertechs did not smell at all.
I just received the OEM rubber mats from H and A. They have quite a strong rubbery smell.

I haven't installed them yet, because they shipped them rolled up, and the driver's side was rolled the wrong way, causing it to flex back into the pedals.

(new to the forum)

·
Registered
24 Posts
IMO, unless you're getting the digital fit weather tech, specifically designed for your car model, which run close to 2 bills, the OEM Accord mats are the best option. $80-$100 for the set is normal, check classifieds here and V6p and local craigslist for used, or go to Handa or even your stealership, not much of a difference in price, got mine from dealer for (95$ total, front and back... )

The only other reason I was considering Weathertech, besides the fitment, was the extra color option...
Cheers

·
Northern Canada
76 Posts
+1 for the Weathertech digital fit floor mats!! I will never buy anything else. The fit is PERFECT and they look awesome.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts