Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Accord 1.5
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum. Signed up after researching the warning light popping up on my 19 accord 1.5 lx. My light came on after checking the bulbs on my highbeams since i was considering ordering Some LED upgrades for the Stock Halogen bulb. I read it was 9005 or 9006 but i wanted to physically check the connection to make sure. The car was off when I disconnected the bulb and reconnected. When I started my car to drive to work, the CMBS warning came on along with the Steering, TPMS, Adaptive Cruise Control, Evap Emissions Control, Brake Hold and a few more saying to avoid high speeds and take to dealer. I figured it was throwing an error because of the Headlamp, so I turn off the car completely for a few minutes then turn back on. No avail. I try driving for a few miles so the car can see there is no error, but the cars acceleration is fluctuating so I take it back home again. I try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes, but when I reconnect, the errors are still showing and now the car wont start at all. Called Honda and they towed it for free, as I fall under the 3 year, 36,000 mile roadside warranty, to the dealership I bought it from. service center was closed however so I have to wait til Morning to see what happens. I've read some of the previous CMBS threads and most were able to get rid of the warnings with a restart. All my codes remained (11 I think it said though one was door open and one was the Apply brake and push start). any others with this problem? fixes? recommendations? Critiques? all are welcomed.

Also Notify me if this isn't a new topic. I had only seen the ones for the 18 accords with similar issues. I will delete if anything is against standards.
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
121 Posts

This thread might help you out. If I can recall, one of the issues was resolved by changing the battery. I hope this helps or at least gets you started on a fix.

EDIT: I found one more that could be helpful.

·
Registered
2019 Accord 1.5
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update. Got to the Dealer yesterday Morning and they said they would know something by the afternoon. Convinced them to give me a loaner vehicle... HR-V.

I called them at 5:45pm and they said they found the MAF sensor unplugged ( I think I did that when I was removing the headlight ) but that they reconnected and still no start. They were going to have to continue working on it til the next day. This afternoon they called and said they found a blown brake light fuse which is connected to the ignition system somehow... I do have a crack on my passenger brake light from getting rear ended, but it's been a couple months and I havent had any issues. they replaced the fuse and the car starts again! Service department recommends replacing the housing for $400 so the issue doesn't occur again...

So, does anyone have a link to some afternarket tail lights. preferably plug and play as splicing wires is a headache and this safety system seems to have little wiggle room for current fluctuation...

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Blown brake light fuse destroys the car's ability to run? That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6 Sp Manual
15 Posts
Update. Got to the Dealer yesterday Morning and they said they would know something by the afternoon. Convinced them to give me a loaner vehicle... HR-V. View attachment 519503

I called them at 5:45pm and they said they found the MAF sensor unplugged ( I think I did that when I was removing the headlight ) but that they reconnected and still no start. They were going to have to continue working on it til the next day. This afternoon they called and said they found a blown brake light fuse which is connected to the ignition system somehow... I do have a crack on my passenger brake light from getting rear ended, but it's been a couple months and I havent had any issues. they replaced the fuse and the car starts again! Service department recommends replacing the housing for $400 so the issue doesn't occur again...

View attachment 519504

So, does anyone have a link to some afternarket tail lights. preferably plug and play as splicing wires is a headache and this safety system seems to have little wiggle room for current fluctuation...
I have been totally waiting for an excuse to replace the tail lights myself. Guy on youtube seems to be selling a few types. I think around 4 different designs most have clear and smoke options.

I have not verified that this is not a scam, so be cautious, and someone feel free to chime in if they know one way or another

See one design here:

Cheers

Blown brake light fuse destroys the car's ability to run? That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.
I don't know. Empty DPF fluid on diesel can put diesel truck into limp mode, and that is only an emissions problem not a critical safety problem. If you inspect commercial truck and it is missing brake light, you shall not operate. Sounds like it is same thing here. Speculation of course.

·
Registered
2019 Accord 1.5
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know. Empty DPF fluid on diesel can put diesel truck into limp mode, and that is only an emissions problem not a critical safety problem. If you inspect commercial truck and it is missing brake light, you shall not operate. Sounds like it is same thing here. Speculation of course.
So the official Invoice from the dealer

·
HK Moderator
13,608 Posts
They gave you the "badge of shame", saying FAIL for your cabin air filter....Surprised it is only $39.99 to change it. My dealer charges $69.99

·
Registered
2019 Accord 1.5
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They gave you the "badge of shame", saying FAIL for your cabin air filter....Surprised it is only $39.99 to change it. My dealer charges $69.99

I was gonna let them replace it, but I figure I'll get a K&N cabin air filter... it's supposed to add more HP 😏

·
Registered
80 Posts
😱...All these years! ...the deception! 😏
Not really. I think it’s just your misunderstanding. Their engine air filter is advertised to increase HP. This makes sense since it’s designed to affect the amount of air the engine receives.

I don’t think they ever advertised their cabin air filters as increasing HP, at least I don’t recall ever seeing that. The cabin air filter is for your car’s HVAC system. I don’t know how they could make a claim that the cabin air filter could increase HP.

I just checked their website and I see the claim for the engine air filter, but not for the cabin air filter.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not really. I think it’s just your misunderstanding. Their engine air filter is advertised to increase HP. This makes sense since it’s designed to affect the amount of air the engine receives.

I don’t think they ever advertised their cabin air filters as increasing HP, at least I don’t recall ever seeing that. The cabin air filter is for your car’s HVAC system. I don’t know how they could make a claim that the cabin air filter could increase HP.

I just checked their website and I see the claim for the engine air filter, but not for the cabin air filter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts