Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have had all warning lights pop up in my 2018 Honda accord multiple times now. The first time I brought the vehicle into the dealership in June and the supposed issue was rodent damage. This was not covered under warranty so I paid to have that repaired. Near end of July I pumped gas into the car and went to start it up after and I had 5 warning lights on including the Emission system problem, ACC, Lkas and two other alerts. I brought vehicle into the dealership a 2nd time and this time they said it was an issue with the CMP sensor. This was under warranty so they fixed the vehicle the 2nd time. Today I'm riding back and I'm almost home and all warning lights appear again so I took a photo of them all. These include Emissions system problem, ACC, LKAS, Brake system, Tire pressure, road departure mitigation, electric power steering, vehicle stability, hill start and collision mitigation.

Has anyone else had similar issues it's a 2018 accord with 16000 miles on it.

·
Elvira
3,587 Posts
start simple.

How old is the battery? Original from 2018 (maybe 2017 depending on build date) ?

Reactions: WiiMaster

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
My guess is that your battery is starting to go. Have it tested and replaced if necessary. While your car has low miles, it's three years old and Honda isn't known for putting awesome batteries in their cars at the factory.

You could also have a place like Autozone scan for the codes and see what pops up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
start simple.

How old is the battery? Original from 2018 (maybe 2017 depending on build date) ?
Battery is still the original from when I purchased the vehicle.

start simple.

Yes the vehicle still has the original battery. The battery was checked

My guess is that your battery is starting to go. Have it tested and replaced if necessary. While your car has low miles, it's three years old and Honda isn't known for putting awesome batteries in their cars at the factory.

You could also have a place like Autozone scan for the codes and see what pops up.
Appreciate the heads up I will take it in to Autozone in the AM before work to get the codes that pop up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this issue too with my 2018 with all the warning lights and errors popping up. Like the others have said, it turns out the stock battery was headed out the door then shortly ended up dying and needed to be jumped and charged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had this issue too with my 2018 with all the warning lights and errors popping up. Like the others have said, it turns out the stock battery was headed out the door then shortly ended up dying and needed to be jumped and charged.
Appreciate the heads up I'm hoping the battery is the issue which would be an easy fix. Not sure why the dealership would not have found that to be the issue as this was the document provided a week ago when the car was at the dealership on 7/30.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Appreciate the heads up I'm hoping the battery is the issue which would be an easy fix. Not sure why the dealership would not have found that to be the issue as this was the document provided a week ago when the car was at the dealership on 7/30.
That is very odd. I’m also hoping this is an easy fix for you too. I would try to rule out the battery by asking for a battery test while you’re at AutoZone.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord (LX)
438 Posts
A lot of times a CEL code will cause other lights to show up as well. But yes, check the battery first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah it happens on my honda accord ex and the dealership does not know why i hate it because i feel unsafe the brakes get all tight when those error codes appear but honda has my money they dont care . My last car was a 2016 honda civic i loved it so thought id do honda again after i slipped on black ice earlier this year and totaled that one went with honda accord ex 2018 only to be out money and a car now :(

Hello,

I have had all warning lights pop up in my 2018 Honda accord multiple times now. The first time I brought the vehicle into the dealership in June and the supposed issue was rodent damage. This was not covered under warranty so I paid to have that repaired. Near end of July I pumped gas into the car and went to start it up after and I had 5 warning lights on including the Emission system problem, ACC, Lkas and two other alerts. I brought vehicle into the dealership a 2nd time and this time they said it was an issue with the CMP sensor. This was under warranty so they fixed the vehicle the 2nd time. Today I'm riding back and I'm almost home and all warning lights appear again so I took a photo of them all. These include Emissions system problem, ACC, LKAS, Brake system, Tire pressure, road departure mitigation, electric power steering, vehicle stability, hill start and collision mitigation.

Has anyone else had similar issues it's a 2018 accord with 16000 miles on it. View attachment 533079 View attachment 533080 View attachment 533081 View attachment 533082 View attachment 533083 View attachment 533084 View attachment 533085 View attachment 533086 View attachment 533087
Did a new battery help ?

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T
125 Posts
Likely the battery, especially when the codes state low voltage.

Reactions: WiiMaster

·
Registered
309 Posts
A 'healthy' battery when not running should show 12.6 volts on your volt meter.

Engine running - the battery should test 13.5 to 14.5 volts.

Numbers from google so there can be no doubt as to correctness... :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Appreciate the responses will keep everyone in the loop. Currently the car is at the local Honda dealership with the senior mechanic. Will respond back once they call me back to let me know what they found.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,239 Posts
Get a battery. You'll be stranded on the side of the road before long. Over 2 1/2 years of battery life, you're in the danger zone. I found out the hard way. The dealer would rather sell you parts and labor than tell you to get a battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just received a call back that when they replaced the CMP sensor a little over a week ago they were supposed to change the fuel pump. They are ordering the part or parts now to fix that. They are also going to check the battery as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just received a call back that when they replaced the CMP sensor a little over a week ago they were supposed to change the fuel pump. They are ordering the part or parts now to fix that. They are also going to check the battery as well.
There’s a recall for 2018-2019 Accords for faulty fuel pumps which might explain the P0087 code. Does your VIN fall under the recall?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There’s a recall for 2018-2019 Accords for faulty fuel pumps which might explain the P0087 code. Does your VIN fall under the recall?
I checked and my vehicle does not but if that's the issue then I'm not sure why all 2018 accords aren't on that recall.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I checked and my vehicle does not but if that's the issue then I'm not sure why all 2018 accords aren't on that recall.
There was a post a while back last year that said around only 136,000 out of 1,400,000 Honda/Acura vehicles were affected by the faulty fuel pumps. A commenter said that roughly only 11,000 were Honda Accords. Either your VIN was accidentally not included in the recall or your fuel pump incident is just a coincidence.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can get that same litany of warnings whenever you so much as disconnect the battery. While I can imagine from a technical point of view how all these systems are affected by low voltage or temporary loss of it, it is just an example of bad user interface programming. The system should recognize a global issue like that and issue something else than a host of error messages that suggest to the uninitiated driver that their vehicle is FUBAR.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts