Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some advice please. I have a 2014 Honda Accord EXL 4cyl. Over the last month at random times, all of the dash warning lights will turn on (ABS, FCW, Traction Control, Power Steering, Tire pressure monitor, etc). The car runs and drives perfectly with no issues. I have replaced the battery making sure its fully charged and the battery connections are clean and tight.

This past Friday, I took the car to a Honda Dealership. They "reset the computer" after keeping it all day and told me that everything checked out good and it was ready for pickup ($129 charge). Before leaving the parking lot of the dealer, all lights came back on so I left it there. Service writer called Saturday and said they want to replace the ABS Module for $1400. I asked if this does not fix the problem, would I still be out $1400. He danced all around answering the question and would only say that the work is guaranteed.

I explained to him that I am really frustrated having to pay $1400 to "likely" fix a 2yr old car with 50,000 miles but he was of no help.
Has anyone dealt directly with Honda on an issue like this? Any advise on what to do next? The part isn't available until mid next week.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This seems to be a common problem.It happened to a friends 15 Sport.The dealer had his car for over a month.Supposedly a software problem.I would think your warranty would be covering this.

·
7th Gear
373 Posts
I think there is a tsb on this. You should not have to pay anything. If you search this forum you might find the tsb as well as all the other Accord owners with the exact same issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would say you have a failing battery, especially if you have the original in your 2014. Try replacing it first, you will have to replace it soon anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts