Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to learn a lot about my vehicles, so I guess I have some fairly esoteric underhood questions to ask.

Out of curiosity, what's the output of the stock alternator on the Touring V6? I think it's a Honda P/N 31100-5G0-A02, and it mentions something about a Denso CSK30. I know that some cars out there have some pretty serious alternators on them, but I'm not sure how Honda is about this kind of part.

Does anyone know much about this alternator? Other than that it's a Denso and that it's mounted to the Touring V6, I don't really know anything about it.

In case my car ever causes me problems in the cold Alberta winter, I guess it'd be good to know about potential electrical system weak points. I intend to take a tape measure and a critical eye to my engine bay at some point to see if the battery can be upgraded from a 24F to a 27F.

Also out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know much about the starter motor on the same model? It's a Mitsuba SM-74011 (P/N 31200-EG0-A02), but I'm not sure whether it's a reduction-gear type or a direct-drive type.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts