Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new member, been lurking for a while.

I've had my 2010 Accord EX Coupe for about a year and a half. Finally decided I wanted to buy something for it. Ordered a Takeda SRI. It was sitting on the porch when I got home today. I got really excited and checked it out pretty well and then got to work putting it in. Had it all hooked up and ready to drive in a little less than an hour. Everything was cool but I had to get some bigger hose clamps for the vent tube. The stock ones wouldn't fit over the hose.

Drive it to the store and it's sounding awesome but I could tell the clamps needed to be a little tighter. I park and hear a high pitched noise. Figure it's part of the clamps needing tightened.

Drive back home and get the clamps on, tighten everything up and drive again. Get it on the highway and let it loose. Driving great but when I come to a stop I get that loud high pitched noise.

Get home and start trying to track down the noise and wiggle the vent tube it and it changes pitch. Pop oil filler cap and it's like I'm opening a can of soda. There is a ton of pressure under the valve cover. So I pull the vent tube out and find out the hole for the vent tube isn't drilled out.

Already got a replacement coming but I really hope I didn't blow anything when I was driving it with the vent plugged. I was pushing it kinda hard. Is it normal for that much pressure to build up if the vent is plugged? I got the stock box back in until the replacement comes and it seems to be running OK.

Edit: It may have been vacuum. I just know it was a woosh noise when I opened the oil cap.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
You probably burned some oil in this process with no crankcase ventilation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I drove it to work this morning and it ran like usual. Didn't seem to be missing or dumping oil anywhere. I did pop the hood before I left the house and saw that the dip stick was popped out. So that probably relieved enough of the pressure to keep things from blowing out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts