Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of Amber/Yellow Fog lights and have been thinking about what my options might be to make a change. I've done research and learned they do make Amber H8 bulbs, but it seems reviews are mixed at best.

I have also seen the Amber Tint overlay method, but some folks were talking about the optical quality or lack thereof. Kinda made my head hurt, as I just want some cool looking Amber fog lights!

I do like the look where the lens is Amber, so even when the lights are off during the day, you still get that look. Anywho, here is what I decided on.

I found some OEM replacement fog lights on Amazon that look exactly like the fog lights on my 2015 Accord Coupe, with the only difference being the lens is Amber, rather than clear. I even called the company and asked is it a direct plug and play system, i.e., no cutting wire, trimming plastic bumpers, etc. I was assured it was a direct bolt on fit.

The kits comes with extra wiring and a switch, which I assume is for those who did not currently have the fog light option on their car. The cool thing is now I can switch from the stock clears to the Ambers anytime I want.

The fog lights come off with one screw removed, which I learned by watching a great YOUTUBE video. Once I get the lights and install them I will post some photos. The cost was 70 bucks, but if you apply for the offered credit card (which I did) they give you a 30 dollar credit applied to the price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
optical quality of your fog lights?
I think the lights are more decoration than anything else.
I'd buy the films, and not worry about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts