Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'm on it...
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just installed retro-solutions LEDs inside and out. I installed the load resistors for each turn signal and they work and do not hyperflash now. The one thing I've noticed, is that when I would turn the headlights on before the install, the amber turn signal lights would be on with the headlights and amber side-marker lights. They are no longer on with the headlights, but blink when the turn signal is used. I noticed also that the tail lights (the ones that blink with the turn signals) are doing the same thing...off when 'running' but blink when turn signals are used. Is this normal? What could be wrong? Any thoughts? :thmsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
You might have the wrong bulbs. For wedge bulbs, there are two different types of bases. This video will help you identify your base type, and you can see if you have the correct bulbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8ONj-NJdjA

·
I'm on it...
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did take a look at the bulbs and realized that they were mixed up in the rear sockets (a result of my rushing to get done before dark) but correcting this didn't solve the problem.

The front turn signal bulbs are cylindrical bayonet type 1157's and there is only one way to put those in.

Good video...however, the rear turn signal bulbs on my car are 7440's. There are only two contacts. The 7443's are for the brake lights (4 contacts) and those work fine.

·
I'm on it...
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, before the load resistors were installed, the lights were on running, but would hyperflash. I have one 25w 6ohm resistor wired to each bulb (2 front, 2 rear).

Do I need to use a 3ohm resistor maybe? I read somewhere that if you use a 3ohm resistor, you only need one for each side?

In the front, there are three wires. running, turn, ground
I've tapped the turn wire.

In the rear, there are two wires. turn, ground
I've tapped the turn wire.

I haven't had much luck finding this issue and more specifically, with an 8th gen.

·
I'm on it...
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frustrated and over it

So after troubleshooting, testing, and swapping load resistors, I've finally become so frustrated that I've completely uninstalled all LED lights from the exterior of my vehicle and returned all the lights back to stock. :rant:

I contacted RetroSolutions and was asked the infamous "Did you check your grounds?" I was offered no other solutions other than to test the sockets with a multimeter and exchange the load resistors that 'might' fix the issue...oh and pay for return shipping and more shipping to send me new/different resistors.

After waiting weeks and finally receiving 3ohm resistors, one of them had bad connections (a result of poor soldering and heat-shrink tubing). After I had fixed that issue, the resistors STILL didn't work in the above mentioned fashion. (No running lights)

I am so frustrated with this. :headbash: It seems to me that if a company is going to be a sponsor on a site that is specifically dealing with one brand of vehicle, the company would have some idea as to how their products integrate with the particular brand.

I blame myself for not doing enough research about this company before doing business with them. As I read more and more about the products and service RS is selling/providing, I have come to the realization that perhaps it's not the best company to do business with as more of their products are proving to be of poor quality and service is proving to be sub-par. :thumbsdow

Also, I had a friend of mine sit in the car and activate all the lights (turn signals, brake lights, etc) and I came to find out that other problems were occurring. My license plate light and brake lights would dim in sync with my hyper-flashing turn signals. If the exterior lights are malfunctioning, it is now a safety issue, that's why I converted back to stock.

I wound up calling V-LEDS and at least the guy over there attempted to research the issue a bit, rather than just blame a poor ground connection or a customer's intelligence.

Needless to say, I will NOT be doing business with RS again and have put the LED conversion on hold. :thumbsdow

Sorry for the rant...had to share after almost a month of dealing with this.

·
Registered
968 Posts
wow I feel for you on that. Looks like a lot more people are starting to have problems with RS.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry you had to go through that.... I just went through it man. I had the RS set and I just ordered new lights and a new harness paying for shipping all over the place and the crap still didn't work. I switched to Xenon Depot and SOOO MUCH BETTER. I just installed last night and now the RS is in the trash.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,598 Posts
And still not a peep from RS to address their customer's issues here on the forum. It's like they've run away.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Throw that sh*t in the garbage. RS buys el cheapo low quality bulb and re-label them. Then resell to us ****er as some high quality bulb.

·
Registered
968 Posts
maybe we all need to post in there threads lol

·
Registered
399 Posts
And still not a peep from RS to address their customer's issues here on the forum. It's like they've run away.
He's busy fishing for more s*ckers in other forum. I feel bad for them.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,598 Posts
maybe we all need to post in there threads lol
Been there. Done that. Got threatened by RS that they would petition to have me banned from DA.

·
Registered
968 Posts
oh... well lets not do that then. I like DA just not RS. I will say I went and search for XD and found that they are on alot of other forum sites and everyone likes them. You dont see posts every other day that " My XD this or that is not working" I even removed them from my fb page lol

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Although I removed my XD kit in favor of H9s, I will say that they were a pleasure to work with and I never had any issues when the kit was installed for about 2 years. When I first received the kit the casing on one of the relays was cracked. I sent them an email and asked them to send just a replacement relay. Two days later I had a complete replacement harness at my door. Not bad considering it was sent from Canada to AZ. Replacement harness was free, shipping was free, and they didn't require me to send them back the broken harness.

I never once had an issue with either side not lighting on the first try and the color from both bulbs was identical as far as I could tell. They are a good vendor with great customer service and I would do business with them in the future without hesitation.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,598 Posts
oh... well lets not do that then. I like DA just not RS. I will say I went and search for XD and found that they are on alot of other forum sites and everyone likes them. You dont see posts every other day that " My XD this or that is not working" I even removed them from my fb page lol
Well, just to be clear, it was Todd making the threat. Nobody from DA proper made any such threat.

·
I'm on it...
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate all the feedback from everyone.

It's really sad...I was going to spend more money on HID's for both my fogs and lows but RS isn't getting another penny from me. It's not like I can even return the merchandise because it takes so long for shipping and returns, etc. that the refund period expires! Plus, I had to fix the one resistor so I can only imagine what kind of a hassle I'd get over that! :dunno:

I thank you all for your XenonDepot recommendations as well! I will be looking into XD for future needs. :thmsup:

I've just started modding my car and I figured LEDs would be the easiest and cheapest 'no-brainer' mod...we see how wrong I was.

Again...I should have done more research and asked around on DA. Hopefully, this thread (and others telling of poor experiences with RS) have saved people money, time, and headache.

Thanks again! :wave:

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
Its all about the hyper flash man! LoL forget the resistor and just intall it :naughty:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts