Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I was wondering if anyone knows if I can install an amp and sub on my factory nav unit. I hve a 2006 coupe. Does the nav unit have RCA outputs?

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
Hey all! I was wondering if anyone knows if I can install an amp and sub on my factory nav unit. I hve a 2006 coupe. Does the nav unit have RCA outputs?
No. The Nav unit does not have RCA outs. You need a Line Out Converter. Something like a JL Cleansweep or an MTX REQ5. This will convert the speaker wires to RCA outs. I can sell you a JL Cleansweep for cheap ... :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHA :thmsup: thanks I appreciate the offer! How hard is that to install? And how well does that work or any cons to using that?

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
Or you can find an amp that accepts speaker-level inputs. A low-level line out converter is easier.
I have found that amps that accept speaker level inputs don't do as good a job as a quality LOC. My BassLink accepts speaker level, but I never bothered testing because the reviews stated the sound was a lot better with RCA inputs.

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
HAHA :thmsup: thanks I appreciate the offer! How hard is that to install? And how well does that work or any cons to using that?
You will need a wiring harness to tap into the factory wiring. The harness makes it much easier. I have my LOC in the trunk, along with my amp, cap and sub. It's not a really hard install, but I have been working on my own stereo systems since the early 1990's. If you have never done this before, it is doable, just do a lot of research and do it right ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts