Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Newbie to the audio upgrade world.

I've purchased:
- Single 10" Rockford Fosgate R2D4 and sealed box
- JLA JX250/1 mono amp
- JLA RBC-1 Remote Bass Control
- Amp Wiring kit

I've read all the sub/amp wiring/installation threads on the forum but I'm still needing help in one area.

Specifically, since my amp has speaker level inputs, do I still need to buy a LOC? I'm under the impression that I shouldn't but it seems like everyone uses them regardless. I'd rather not use unnecessary parts for obvious reasons.

·
Super Moderator
3,473 Posts
Don't need it if the amp has speaker level input. My basslink is connected directly to the rear speaker wires.

·
Registered
103 Posts
^^ it does the same thing a LOC does. It takes your rear speaker signals and makes them relay the sound/signals to your amp. Only difference is you won't be using RCAs

·
Registered
514 Posts
You might hear engine noise through the speaker level inputs. A LOC eliminates that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
514 Posts
I never knew this...not saying you are wrong, but can you explain how? I have always used a LOC, but only because my amp never came with a speaker level input.
I wired up a 4 channel amp with speaker level inputs. I had engine noise, even when the radio was off. I was told that the low level signal from the factory head unit was the cause. The LOC cleaned up the signal and got rid of the engine noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts