Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm trying to install an Amp on my 09 Accord LX-P. I was wondering where can I connect the remote turn on lead to without removing the HU. Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
fuse box... use a fuse the turns on/off with the ignition

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed there is a fuse for AMP, but since i have a LX-P, which doesnt have the factory amp, can i plug the wire in there?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Staying with OEM HU - need amp turn-on wire

Hi, I'm trying to install an Amp on my 09 Accord LX-P. I was wondering where can I connect the remote turn on lead to without removing the HU. Thanks
I have the same situation. I have a 2011 EX sedan. I want to keep my stock HU, just trying to figure out which OEM wire to use for the amp turn-on wire. I already have an LOC to tap into the rear speakers, so I can run my sub and amp.

·
Registered
101 Posts
mild hijack in progress.....I was thinking about upgrading my amps (alpine-comps/mtx-subs) and saw that the JL amps have something called signal sensing and don't require a remote turn on wire. I thought that was kinda of cool. I wonder if it works.

·
Registered
86 Posts
get a "fuse tap" and tap into any fuse that has power when the ignition is on

·
Registered
851 Posts
mild hijack in progress.....I was thinking about upgrading my amps (alpine-comps/mtx-subs) and saw that the JL amps have something called signal sensing and don't require a remote turn on wire. I thought that was kinda of cool. I wonder if it works.
it does not =( i tried it earlier today installing my new subs =D picked up 2 jl 12''w6's =D and i have a jl amp and tried that, it was a no go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts