Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gotta 2007 EX w/o power seats. well, the driver seat lifts with power, but still uses the pull bar in front for front to back movement. dunno about passenger seat. i'd say just manual forward to back...

thinkin of a place where i can mount my amp. its roughly 12" w x 3" h x 15" long...

under the driver or passenger seat, how much room is there for possibility of removing a seat for the amp then replacing the seat?

or thinking of in front passenger floor by tip of foot area... not too sure yet.

any ideas on amp mount placement?

also trying to find or make a form fitting sub box for the driver's side trunk area by the brake lights, in that cubbyhole behind the wheel well.

·
Registered
628 Posts
the front seats have floor vents (I guess for the back seats passengers feet). In the winter, you will be blowing hot air on to the amp. I also don't think you will have room for an amp that size under the seat unless you turn it sideways - meaning anyone in that seat in the back will be using the amp for a foot rest.

·
Hazyville
67 Posts
Why do you want the amp under the seat? If your putting the sub in the trunk, your better off putting the amp in there too. Mine is drilled in the trunk behind the back seat.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Shorter power wire, less clutter in the trunk and overall cleaner looking install.
And less ventilation for the amp, more exposure to moisture, and more likely to be kicked, scuffed, scraped, etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS ALL...

reasoning under seat is because of alot of things...

1. less clutter in trunk. i like my trunk space and didn't buy the car for the size of subwoofer box i could fit in it.
2. i have had many cars with decent systems in them and all of them have been stolen, so looking for other more secure options. i never can find a way to secure it (screwed in) in the trunk because the gas tank is under trunks usually. and looking for more professionally installed look, even though i am a DIY when it comes to car stereos.
3. per #2, if they can't see it, they won't steal it.
4. i just looking for a little of bass, and more i find out is they don't make custom boxes for a 2007 accord ex sedan.

all in all prolly just gonna go with higher end component system instead. if you are looking for a 10" kicker cvr104 sub with gm-7300m pioneer 800w amp, mounted in a ported large box, pm me. i have one on another list website including a dude named craig on it for $175 firm. it has never been used, never... just mounted in a previously used stillwater designs box. in harrisburg pa area. (dunno rules but usually links to other sites are forbidden... common sense.)

couldn't figure out how to mount it in my old passat either...

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
This worked very well for me. Out of the way 100% of the time. The sub could be removed in a minute or less so as to fold down the seats and carry a honker load in the car when required. Hope this helps you. This was a 2004 EX sedan.

·
Registered
628 Posts
mounting the amps to the side like that is a very good option for a trunk car

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow. the people on this site are really cool.

thanks for your responses.

i saw a few things the other night. i remembered someone saying the amps could be mounted to the roof of the trunk and i think that would be a fine option. i saw inside there is a rubber thing that mounts to the roof of the trunk with the nuts and i was thinking to make a mount on that somehow. not much thought is going in to this, just throwing around ideas at this point.

(will see rtexasf's pic when i get home, dern work computer firewalls...if its mounted to the side, how is it mounted? screws? glue?)

i like permanent installs, simply from the theft aspect, and i have a bike that may need me to get it from point B to home sometimes. i have a bike carrier but it scratched the hell out of my passat and trying at least a little to play nice with this "new to me" accord.

thanks again everyone. keep the ideas comin! the pic of the 15 is exactly what i am not after. simply for the trunk space lost. the 10 is more than enough boom and small enough to be satisfying, even though no custom enclosures exist beyond me building one. which i would look forward to but don't have the tools to complete. jigsaw yes, but tablesaw/circular saw for straight lines no. i live in the city so theft is a problem. i'd mount the amp out of the way somewhere and hope to secure the sub somehow in the trunk. reasons why i am looking for suggestions here.

2007 ex cloth 4DR sedan... any way to know which stereo i have? the "premium" powered one or the lower one? its got a 6 disc changer so maybe that helps. and has the climate control knobs as part of the enclosure. are they dual climate controls or not i dunno so maybe a "comparison between the two" pic would be sweet. i don't think i can post pics.

i appreciate the posters on this site. keep em comin!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If you don't fold down your rear seats, you can mount it to that or use a carpeted wood board to tuck your wires. It'll looks nice. Like mines. Placing any units such as a brain, tv tuner, or amp under the seat will sometimes trigger the SRS light too.

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
[/QUOTE]

The brackets hold it in place on the bottom, there are also two screws on the crossbrace on the right

[/QUOTE]

amps and processor installed

[/QUOTE]

cover with fans installed

[/QUOTE]

An 8" sub is glassed into each front door

I lost maybe 5% of trunk space by doing it this way

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here is mine:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts