Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 accord sedan cvt and I just purchased a new sub. I have the ANC unplugged and everything wired up except for the amp power wire. Where can I go through the firewall without drilling? I have found no hole looking from under the dash or looking in the engine bay. The wiring harness comes into the firewall behind the head unit and I don't want to pull the dash just to run a power wire. Please help

·
Registered
72 Posts
You will be better off purchasing an aftermarket amp to power it.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
If you look under the driver side dashboard. Behind the fuse box, the fender wall, you will see one or two black plastic cap (it looks like the plastic cap on the door by the door latch), just pull it off and you can snake the wire through that hole through the fender to the battery. That's how I did mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
462 Posts
There is an unused grommet above the dead peddle to the left. You will see 3 grommets there, 2 are used and 1 is unused. I was able to snake 4ga wire through it without any issues. I popped the grommet out and cut it with a knife. Push the wire through and then reinstall the grommet. I strongly recommend you pop the fender liner out a bit to access the wire. You won't need to remove the wheel, just turn it to the left as far as it will go. There are maybe 5 plastic rivets that you pop out with a trim tool. Keep your hand in front of them, Those suckers will fly everywhere!i lost 1 but picked up a similar one at autozone. You can then snake the wire up between the fender and windshield and route it to the hood area. There is a plastic cover at the lower corner of the windshield that will need to be removed. All in all it only took me 45 minutes to pull it and I was working slow in a 10 degree garage. Good luck
Also, if you search amp wiring 9th gen someone did a great write up with excellent pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I've been killing myself trying snake through the firewall main harness hole behind the head unit. I found the hole and it fits!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will be better off purchasing an aftermarket amp to power it.
I meant that I did get an aftermarket amp and I'm trying to wire it

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yea bust out the band aids. Just about everything in this car is a tight fit. I was bleeding for days after my sub install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts