Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bigwil254
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late last night i decided to complete the install of my front Mugen body kit and grille. Then I went to the dealership in the morning and handed the TSB for my front brakes, and said "theres also an issue with the rears" and told them my TPMS light was on. (Discount tire couldn't relearn the ECU stuff)... I went a couple weeks ago and said the wrong thing "I had discount tire install my wheels and need the the ECU to relearn the new wheels" and they wanted to charge me 56 bucks to relearn it.

I got my new front brake pads and front rotors adjusted. And free TPMS ECU reset.

As far as the rear brakes and rotors, they cleaned them up and what not. I walked back around the garage and started chatting about my body kit and mods with the tech working on my car and made friends with him. He said my pads are down to 70% and at 6500 miles, I said "THATS ALOT", he said hes seen worse with our cars. He was tellin me that I'm okay and just to come back at a later date so they can wear down more. He said that Honda wont pay for them since theyre not worn down "enough" to do so. But when I do come back, that theyll take care of it for me for Freezles!(Free) Also, he is going to look at getting me the drivers side insulator cover for free, cuz the TSB for the blower motor basically gives you a free passenger one.

After that I went home and decided to redo the adhesive backing on the M3 spolier that was being all crappy. Then decided to wash the whip and heres a couple pics.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7214293&l=3f4bcb9d88&id=539895940

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7214295&l=dcc7091dc5&id=539895940

·
Registered
431 Posts
wow, your car is hott!!! i love mugen

·
~Sexy Time~
1,264 Posts
yea the grille looks great!

·
Registered
77 Posts
love those wheels! That's almost exactly how I'd do up my PMM if I was going to make that many mods, but it's the family truckster & I'm saving the would-be-mod-money for a WRX, GTI, Mazdaspeed3, or maybe the just announced Focus ST for our next 2nd car.

Regardless, that's a damn fine looking car.

·
Bigwil254
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks awesome..! Im confused about the ECU relearning the new wheels? Is this necessary? Hmm
Yea. The OEM wheels I had were the 17in EX wheels. If you upgrade your wheels...For example, I upgraded to the 19inch HFP wheels with new tires and sensors. Your TPMS light will light up because it doesnt recognize the (tirepressure/size) because the computer needs to relearn them. Our computer only keeps 4 in memory so you would have to have them relearned again if you change back to your OEMs or if you have a smaller Winter set (which is basically what my OEMs in my Garage are going to be for unless someone buys them)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wow the car looks amazing!!!...only thing I'm not onboard with is the window visors.I think ones that are in-channel & didnt cover some of the chrome trim would look better.This is jus IMO & wanted to tell you jus incase u didnt know they sell one's like that.Anyways,the mugen kit & grille really do transform the sedan.Keep up the good work!

·
Bigwil254
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow the car looks amazing!!!...only thing I'm not onboard with is the window visors.I think ones that are in-channel & didnt cover some of the chrome trim would look better.This is jus IMO & wanted to tell you jus incase u didnt know they sell one's like that.Anyways,the mugen kit & grille really do transform the sedan.Keep up the good work!
Yea I know they have the mugen visors, but I purchased the oem accord ones before I found them. I got a lil bit shop happy and didn't take my time with upgrades. As far as the chrome goes, I could always use black vinyl strips. But I think what shows kinda gives the car a non overwhelming accent to it. :D

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Then I went to the dealership in the morning and handed the TSB for my front brakes,
Was there anything wrong with the front brakes? I'm asking because I did the same thing. And mentioned there is a slight shudder with the brakes. They drove it for 4 miles and said nothing was wrong.

What about the TSB????????? My VIN is within the TSB.

"There is nothing wrong with your brakes."

·
Bigwil254
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was there anything wrong with the front brakes? I'm asking because I did the same thing. And mentioned there is a slight shudder with the brakes. They drove it for 4 miles and said nothing was wrong.

When you go to a dealer, you gotta be careful on how you word things. I walked in and said, "my brakes are squealing, not sure if they are my front or rears, they might be both." "I found this TSB about my brakes, I know this one says for the front but I know there has been legal issue with the rears and assume thats why they havent released a TSB for the rears." "Also my TPMS light is on" And Boom they took care of it all for free.

I was polite, courteous, and I think it also helped that I came in at 6:40 AM (20 min before opening) rather than going in the middle of the day, when they are usually stressed out and easily annoyed.

·
Bigwil254
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Speak to the manager, and/or call Honda corporate. That should make them jump to it.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
I was polite, courteous, and I think it also helped that I came in at 6:40 AM (20 min before opening) rather than going in the middle of the day, when they are usually stressed out and easily annoyed.
All of the above except it was like 9am so they probably already had enough BS for the day (?).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts