Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off wanted to share some pictures now that I got my windows tinted. Went 35% all the way around and I think it makes the car look great.
Also shown is a picture of my first dent. What a weird place right above the back seat window. Heard a noise while driving on the highway and when I got out the new dent was there.
I wish I got the sport grille when I bought the car. Seeing the picture on this forum has made me realize how much better it looks. Although at this point I may wait and see if any cheaper aftermarket ones come out as 400$ is a bit expensive for a grille. I sold my BMW partially for cheaper better reliability and parts prices and even a custom grille for that car only cost me $200.
And last but not least my three big pet peeves so far:
1. The sound system is terrible it will likely be the next modification I make to the car with a sub at the minimum
2. Why is there no hook to hang up shirts and suites and such with in the back?
3. I was very excited to get paddle shifters but quickly realized they are mostly useless. I miss my old tiptronic system in the BMW where you shifted with the gear selector in the middle column. How are you supposed to drive fast and change gears while turning the wheel? Paddle shifters should be mounted to the steering column in my opinion.

Overall I'm not sure why people complain about the CVT so much. Really doesn't bother me at all anymore. The only complaint that I will back up is that the car can be a little slow getting going from a stop but once you are already rolling the acceleration is great for a 4 cylinder Honda.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
2. Why is there no hook to hang up shirts and suites and such with in the back?
Not sure about your model, but mine has a hook inside the "oh-(EXCREMENT)" handle on the ceiling, behind the driver's seat. There's none on the other side.

Even my lowly 2002 Civic has one.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
There's a separate hook as mentioned on the drivers side to hang hangers. Same Honda part they share in all sedans be for at least the last 12 years.

Many exotic cars have column mounted paddle shifters. There are advantages and disadvantages to both designs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks great! I will be picking up the same color shortly and tinting the windows with likely 35% as well. Can you post more pics from perhaps different angles to better show how the tint looks?

Thanks and good luck with the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts