Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
8th Gen Believer
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning a sound damping project on a Gen 8 sedan. Does anyone know if there's an aftermarket ANC for these cars? Or ... apparently some gen 8 coupes have a factory ANC system, can it be adapted to sedan? I've searched the forum plus google and all I found was a youtube video on removing ANC from a 2010 Coupe, so it exists ....

·
All my wats
90 Posts
Why would you want it added in? The only reasons it's there is to protect the factory drivers when the volume is turned up, and adds some EQ to certain frequencies when the car is rolling.

It is not like noise cancelling headphones or the ANC used by high-end luxury cars to reduce road noise.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would you want it added in? The only reasons it's there is to protect the factory drivers when the volume is turned up, and adds some EQ to certain frequencies when the car is rolling.

It is not like noise cancelling headphones or the ANC used by high-end luxury cars to reduce road noise.
Are you sure about this??

Noise damping ANC is standard equipment on 9th Gen Accords.

·
All my wats
90 Posts
Are you sure about this??

Noise damping ANC is standard equipment on 9th Gen Accords.
Not 100%, I'm going off memory. I read that it starts to roll bass off above volume 15 to protect the 6.5s and the sub...that is for certain once you hit volume 20 and there's no bass impact with the windows down.

Really effective ANC would add an opposite wavelength around 300Hz to kill off road noise caused by the tires. I'm pretty sure the 8th gen does something like this, but I can't hear it.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ryry+. I can't find anything anywhere. Dealer parts dept no help. I'll just stick with MLV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts