Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 EX-L with the factory amp bypassed, an Audio Control LC7i, an Alpine PDX-5 powering the door and rear speakers, and a MB Quart amp powering a subwoofer. I unplugged the ANC module just like the photos show. I still have a white noise hiss. It is audible with the engine off, and when I start the engine it tripples to an annoying level. When I turn off the car, the sub and speakers pop.

What else could it be? I swear that the ANC is unplugged like the photo shows:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It does still have the high pitched squeal that gets loaded the longer I drive. I had the subwoofer removed to use the trunk so I don't know if the popping is still there. I didn't hear the noise when accelerating this time though. It's just the hiss and the high pitch noise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A "hiss" that changes with engine load because you could have a power wire to close to a speaker signal wire (RCA or speaker wire). How did you run your wiring? Is the power wire on the same side of the car as the RCA cables? If so I would move them to the other side of the car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated photos

Here is a series of photos for the multi-channel amp and the associated wires. I think that I need to rewire near the amp and not have the power passing along and past the speaker/RCA wires. Do you think this is the issue? Please take a look and give me some advice!

2 individual 4 ga power wires through firewall:

1 power wire, 1 RCA set, and 1 remote wire ran inside of the passenger side center kick panel:

Multi-Channel amp underneath passenger seat. Blue = Power, Black (thick) = Ground, Yellow = Remote, black (medium) = RCA, black (thinnest) = Speaker Outputs, bundle = input wires from LC7i LoD.

Audio Control LC7i mounted under passenger floorboard:

Reactions: Htce22

·
Registered
462 Posts
Keep that power wire away from any speaker and RCA cables. That can introduce the noise. Also verify that you have a good ground. Love how you hid the LC7I. Clean!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep that power wire away from any speaker and RCA cables. That can introduce the noise. Also verify that you have a good ground. Love how you hid the LC7I. Clean!
Wsh I could take the credit. That is the only thing they did right. I will check the ground tomorrow.

·
Registered
462 Posts
By the pics it seems that the power wires are bunched up with the speaker wires. Try to separate that. Also it looks like the drilled 2 holes in the firewall...why? Just FYI, make sure they put grommets in those jokes. Last thing you want is a wire to rub through and short out. No good!

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts
I have a 2013 EX-L with the factory amp bypassed, an Audio Control LC7i, an Alpine PDX-5 powering the door and rear speakers, and a MB Quart amp powering a subwoofer. I unplugged the ANC module just like the photos show. I still have a white noise hiss. It is audible with the engine off, and when I start the engine it tripples to an annoying level. When I turn off the car, the sub and speakers pop.

What else could it be? I swear that the ANC is unplugged like the photo shows:

Can you provide the links that you used to wire up your entire setup? I'm thinking of doing something similar and I have the same exact car as you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the pics it seems that the power wires are bunched up with the speaker wires. Try to separate that. Also it looks like the drilled 2 holes in the firewall...why? Just FYI, make sure they put grommets in those jokes. Last thing you want is a wire to rub through and short out. No good!
I only planned on one 5 channel amp then went back to have a 2nd amp installed, hence the 2 holes.

I plan to redo all of the wiring myself since it is a joke!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Post pics of your controls on the AC unit and on the amp please.
Do you want to see if they are set right, or just for familiarization?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you provide the links that you used to wire up your entire setup? I'm thinking of doing something similar and I have the same exact car as you.
I had an audio shop perform thr install. I plan to redo it myself and will take pictures along the way. Unfortunately it is about to snow so I won't have any photos for a few days.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Jorge's, I just saw something that I may have missed. You mentioned that you bypasses the factory amp. In the instructions of the LC7I it says to install it after the factory amp. That is what I did and no noise. As I mentioned in a previous post, make sure those holes have grommets. I believe the noise issue can be cleared up by installing the LC7I AFTER the factory amp. Also split your power and speaker wires. I have all power wires running on the driver side and the speaker wires along the passenger side. If any wires must cross over each other, only do it if necessary and do it at a 90 degree angle. My set up is very similar to yours. Right now I have the LC7I with a boston acoustics 4 channel amp. I have a 12" Sony sub with Polk dxi6501 components. I do hear a pop when I shut the car off but that us just the capacitors in the amp discharging, no other noise at all. Only other thing I have done is a full soundproofing.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Forgot to add, I ran all new wires from the front to the back to ensure they don't run with the power wires.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgot to add, I ran all new wires from the front to the back to ensure they don't run with the power wires.
I have plenty of wire left. What and how would you recommend I re-run?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jorge's, I just saw something that I may have missed. You mentioned that you bypasses the factory amp. In the instructions of the LC7I it says to install it after the factory amp. That is what I did and no noise. As I mentioned in a previous post, make sure those holes have grommets. I believe the noise issue can be cleared up by installing the LC7I AFTER the factory amp. Also split your power and speaker wires. I have all power wires running on the driver side and the speaker wires along the passenger side. If any wires must cross over each other, only do it if necessary and do it at a 90 degree angle. My set up is very similar to yours. Right now I have the LC7I with a boston acoustics 4 channel amp. I have a 12" Sony sub with Polk dxi6501 components. I do hear a pop when I shut the car off but that us just the capacitors in the amp discharging, no other noise at all. Only other thing I have done is a full soundproofing.
QUESTIONS:

Did you adjust the internal jumpers or any other settings on the LC7i?

What type of wire came off of the factory amp?

What did you do to stop the rear deck rattle (it is killing me!!!)

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts
I had an audio shop perform thr install. I plan to redo it myself and will take pictures along the way. Unfortunately it is about to snow so I won't have any photos for a few days.
Much appricated. If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide to go with thePolk DB5251 5.25in instead of the DB6501 6.5in? Is it a fitment issue? I ask because I'm planning on doing 6.5's all around.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I didn't have to adjust the jumpers. No internal summing needed. As far as the wires off the amp, take to speaker outputs, disconnect the tweeter outs and cap them. The front door and rear deck are full range. Use components for the front and coax on the rear. I took the fronts both + and - for left and right and hooked them up to the front channels for the LC7I, then hooked the rear deck + and - to the center channel of the LC7I. Then take the + and - from the center sub and run that to the sub channel for the LC7I. You will have to jump + to + and - to -. This is because we only have 1 sub but have 2 inputs to the LC7I. From the LC7I run your RCA cables to your amps. Your front and center outputs to your 4 channel and your sub to the mono amp. Then run the speaker outputs from the amps to the correct speakers. Just make sure to split the power and speaker wires. On the passenger side I have several pairs of speaker wire. It all fits...barely! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Much appricated. If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide to go with thePolk DB5251 5.25in instead of the DB6501 6.5in? Is it a fitment issue? I ask because I'm planning on doing 6.5's all around.
I did the 5.25s cause crutchfield said the 6.5s would not fit. Plenty of people on here did the 6.5s and I wish I had as well.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The 6.5 fits with no issues at all

1 - 20 of 81 Posts