Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 3 years, I've traded in my 2012 Accord EXL V6 and got back into a SUV. I drove the 2015 Acura MDX, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Durango, Toyota Highlander and the Audi Q5. The one that suited me best was the Highlander XLE, its Black with tan interior. I didn't get the limited because I couldn't support the extra cost for what I'd get when I only cared to get the memory seats. Anyway, it has plenty of power, smooth and quite ride, tons of leg room, my dogs will be happy in the back, my bikes can go with me when I travel and my 20 cubic foot luggage rack fits nicely on top. I loved the ride of my Accord and it did everything a car could do but I needed an SUV for my family trips and for my frequent trips to Lowes!! In my first week it is averaging 21 MPGS with a mix of driving- the same as my Accord. The 1 thing I don't miss about my Accord is the VCM ghost shifting- I could never get used to it. The MDX that I test drove doesn't do the VCM surge but Acura's 9 speed transmission is a mess, not smooth at all when accelerating from a stop nor does it offer more 2nd row leg room than my Accord. If anyone is in the Cleveland OH area and in the market for a loaded Accord with 28,000 well maintained miles, hand waxed, and an overall pampered car here is the link. They are asking $17,998. 2012 Honda Accord Sdn EX-L V6 Sedan w/ MOONROOF & HEATED LEATHER - North Olmsted OH area Toyota dealer serving North Olmsted OH ? New and Used Toyota dealership Serving Cleveland Elyria Amherst OH

Thanks for all the help these last few years and see ya down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Anyways. Clngrats on the suv. i am on the same boat right now except I need to add a suv to the family instead of changing. I might try the highlander. Good luck and might see u on toyota forum.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,854 Posts
I think you've done well and found something that suits your needs. The 3.5L V-6 is quite responsive........I'd love to have one like yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts